Sign in to follow this  

Handguards Mistake?

Does anyone know if the acerbis Uniko handguards will fit my 03 dr650se ( stock bars) without moving the controls around on the bars? In a drunken fit I ordered them on ebay and now I am thinking that since they are moto-x-like, that I may be sol, unless I want to move something on the bars.

Does anyone know if the acerbis Uniko handguards will fit my 03 dr650se ( stock bars) without moving the controls around on the bars? In a drunken fit I ordered them on ebay and now I am thinking that since they are moto-x-like, that I may be sol, unless I want to move something on the bars.

You might have boo booed! I bought some Sunline guards that mount very similar to the Unico's and it just didn't work out. No, you need to get the full bar end type like the Moose Racing units I have or one of the other mfg's that offer that type of guard. :applause:

Thx, Rob. I thought as much . . . I blame in on the Grey Goose.

Been in contact with the seller -- she is a store and seems willing to deal if I need to return (trying to avoid the restock fee). Moose, you say. Got it!

Thx, Rob. I thought as much . . . I blame in on the Grey Goose.

Been in contact with the seller -- she is a store and seems willing to deal if I need to return (trying to avoid the restock fee). Moose, you say. Got it!

There are many great bar end hand guards in use. Acerbis also makes excellent ones. I liked the optional larger covers that you could get for the Moose units... but I think Acerbis and others offer similar products. Check mine out in my garage if you'd like to see the install. :applause:

What color are the Uniko guards you ordered? I was looking up these handguards with the search feature, thinking of getting a set for my CRF and came up on your thread. If they don't work for you let me know.

THanks, Rob -- will rummage through your garage.

Flagman, They are yellow. I should have them by today, I would think.

I like the Acerbis as well, thats whats on the bike now. The picture does not show the recent modification I made when riding some supermoto, the front end tucked and scraped off the ACE of Acerbis. The bars were great though and did not budge a bit during the get off. Some friends have the Cycra guards and while I don't like the looks as much they have replaceable plastic and a replaceable rub strip to save the cost of replacing the whole thing if you are anal about the looks of the handguards. Heres a pic of the Acerbis installed on my scoot.

IMG_0104.jpg