Sign in to follow this  

heavy rider (WR or X? - advise needed)

What do you think for a heavy rider (110KG),

CRF450X or WR450 (both '07 models)?

Well you are asking in the 450x forum so of course I am going to say a 450x. But with that said I would stick with an 07 450x just because the new WR is new and there are bound to be flaws that will be hashed out within the next year or two. I am a big boy myself at 250lbs and the 450x hauls my arse around quite nicely, I can keep up with most the boys on 650's and all other 450's (but the WR I walk away from).

What do you think for a heavy rider (110KG),

CRF450X or WR450 (both '07 models)?

I have a friend with a WR and always having problems with starting the bike i am my self a big guy and the 450X climbs perfect !

WR is a great bike and does not have all the negative propaganda associated with it like the Hondas do at least here in the States. I'm about 100kg myself and the 450X as no problems pushing me around. At my weight suspension re-spring and re-valve was required. Not sure if that's required on the WR because they won't go fast enough to use the suspension up.

WR is a great bike and does not have all the negative propaganda associated with it like the Hondas do at least here in the States. I'm about 100kg myself and the 450X as no problems pushing me around. At my weight suspension re-spring and re-valve was required. Not sure if that's required on the WR because they won't go fast enough to use the suspension up.

:applause:

The X is a torque monster 300 lbs all geared up thats just me. If you can hold on, going up a steep mountain fire road thats the easy part.

I am 6'1'' 260 and I can not use all of the bike's stock power. You will need to revalve/respring if you want to do anything more than basic desert/trail riding. I bottom out on the stock suspension on jumps greater than 3ft.