Sign in to follow this  

did you know

FROM KTMTALK

<snip> I created a scale that may be useful when it comes to buying a bike.

5’-5’4” –or- 80lb-105lb -- 100cc

5’5”-5’-7” -or- 110lb-120lb -- 100cc-175cc

5’8”-6’ -or- 125lb-150lb -- 200cc-250cc

6’ -? -or- 160lb-? -- 200cc-350cc

Any girl who is bigger than 170lb should not be dirt biking anyways; choose another less dangerous form of exercise.

<snip>

My response:

"That's nice, but I think pretty much everyone who posts here is way past that point.

Also ... you may find some people who take exception to the height/weight/bike chart ... bike selection is VERY MUCH more subjective than just rider size. I'd hate for a couple of my friends who are bigger to read the weight scale and find they shouldn't be dirt biking. It's not a sport just for the skinny by any means. Hell, i guess according to your chart I'm 5 or so pounds away from "finding a less dangerous form of exercise."

btw now that you all know how much i weigh, shhhhh.

Any girl who is bigger than 170lb should not be dirt biking anyways; choose another less dangerous form of exercise.

That sentence is so ignorant... :lol: According to her, a fit 6' tall woman shouldn't be over 170#? I'm not near that now, but have been close in the past at 5'10", and I was no where near 'unhealthy' or even terribly out of shape, just had a few extra pounds of cushioning. :applause: And has she seen some of the beer-gut endowed MEN that are out there ripping it up?!?

Wonder what her height/weight is, notice she doesn't say! :lol:

Hell, i guess according to your chart I'm 5 or so pounds away from "finding a less dangerous form of exercise."

me too. :lol:

i'd say about 60% of the article isn't lame. paragraph #2 is pretty good stuff.

i guess i'm not passionate about riding cuz i'm virtually never sore afterwords. poor me. :applause: or maybe only chicks have to be sore, lol.

There are a lot of women on our rowing team that would take exception to her ridiculous little rule.

me too. :lol:

i'd say about 60% of the article isn't lame. paragraph #2 is pretty good stuff.

i guess i'm not passionate about riding cuz i'm virtually never sore afterwords. poor me. :applause: or maybe only chicks have to be sore, lol.

I'm not disputing the rest of it, though I did find it a bit pompous overall. I'm going to edit it back down so people don't think I hate the whole thing.

it's just the weight stuff that's ridiculous.

So, should I be on a 100 or a 350?

i bet you'd fall over less on a 100 :applause:

TIIIMMMMMMBBEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz i'm so huge.

That's pretty crazy. People never believe me when I tell them I weigh 125, they think I weigh closer to 110. It's because I have hard fat and I'm dense.

You know what sucks, is when I was 145 and a size 3, no one believed my weight, and ditto when I was 125 and a size 7. I won't say where I'm at now. :applause:

I got up to 145 when I was weight lifting, I could still wear the same clothes, but the legs were pretty snug. I've found it's easier to try and stay within a weight range so I don't have to do the nasty. I hate being on a diet and feeling deprived because man do I love food. Thankfully I like good healthy food, I just eat too much. Well, except for chocolate. Is chocolate a food group? :applause:

I got up to 145 when I was weight lifting, I could still wear the same clothes, but the legs were pretty snug. I've found it's easier to try and stay within a weight range so I don't have to do the nasty. I hate being on a diet and feeling deprived because man do I love food. Thankfully I like good healthy food, I just eat too much. Well, except for chocolate. Is chocolate a food group? :applause:

what nasty is that????

i'm with ya on food. I like food. and you can tell. But we don't eat unhealthy stuff--just too much of it. now that my metabolism has caught up to me (well, it did like 2 years ago) I have to watch portion control and a lifetime of "clean your plate" is kinda hard to shake.

unfortunately tho it's my belly where I store all the extra.

Oh and YES chocolate is a food group. I have a 2-pound bag of truffles in my cupboard right now ... I'm limiting myself to 2 a day ... it's tough.

what nasty is that????

Oh and YES chocolate is a food group. I have a 2-pound bag of truffles in my cupboard right now ... I'm limiting myself to 2 a day ... it's tough.

Nasty is being on a friggin diet.

Yay to chocolate being a food group!!

what nasty is that????

i'm with ya on food. I like food. and you can tell. But we don't eat unhealthy stuff--just too much of it. now that my metabolism has caught up to me (well, it did like 2 years ago) I have to watch portion control and a lifetime of "clean your plate" is kinda hard to shake.

unfortunately tho it's my belly where I store all the extra.

I won a #1 National number in a very physically demanding sport....and I did it at over the 170# "limit" for "dangerous" sports. I am no where near 6 foot tall unless I am standing on a hay bale.

I had no idea that you had to look like a starved super model to ride motorcycles. :applause:

peace,

janette

Nasty is being on a friggin diet.

Yay to chocolate being a food group!!

OK when I think of "do the nasty" it's not diets that comes to mind.

but my mind is .... unique, i hear.

:applause: to starved supermodels.

That's pretty messed up I weigh past 250 :applause: and I'm riding a dirtbike

what does it matter if your a dude or a girl and your heavy?

the ignorance of some people...