Sign in to follow this  

Injured foot

A week ago today I crashed on a sand road, right out of the parking lot. I wasn't going that fast, but evidently hit something with my left foot pretty hard when I went down. I was wearing big heavy stiff Axo motocross boots at the time, and after I got up and walked it off, it didn't feel too bad, so I went on the ride, about 45 miles off road. A couple of times on the ride I had to push/pick the bike up, which put a load on the injured foot, and that wasn't pleasant.

When I got back to the parking lot, and took the boot off, things got worse. I managed to get the bike onto the trailer and home, but I had a pretty bad night. I went to my orthopedist the next day, and he X-rayed the foot, and found nothing broken. But he didn't give me a real diagnosis.

It's a week later, and I'm still not walking right. There's still pain in front of the ankle and down through the foot toward the toes when I walk. Rotating the foot left and right, and side to side is still painful. It feels similar to an ankle sprain, but those go away after a few days, and this one hasn't.

What do I do? The docs told me to stay off of it, and it would subside in a few days, but it's been a week and I'm still not walking right. Any advice? I was planning to ride an enduro in a couple of weeks but I guess that's out?

Thanks,

Ben