Sign in to follow this  

Best Header Pipe

what is the best header pipe for my 06. i dont care about the money i just want the best overall power gain. It needs to be strong to because i dented my stocker

haha only thing the power and megabomb do for u pretty much is lower the sound a little, ive found the only difference in headers is the bends, more low end torque with lowboy headers

Bends length and diameter they all make the diff.We've been over this before

even though mega bomb says 3-5 hp, I doubt it.but the most hp increase will come from the header.

FMF megabomb 3-5 horsepower gain

derek

its also made of titanium so it is less likely to dent like ur stock stainless steel header

derek

its also made of titanium so it is less likely to dent like ur stock stainless steel header

derek

no its more likely to dent. Titanium is softer than steel.

FYI--Pacific Crest Pipe Repair can fix headers, exhausts, rads, etc. cheap. They are able to get most dents out for cheap. Just my 2 cents if you want to send your stocker in so you have a replacement. Their turn around time is good and I have used them several times.

http://www.piperepair.com/

derek

easier to dent

I have an 05 CRF450 that I race in MX and GNCC's. I have full FMF Factory 4 with a powerbomb header. I noticed a considerable gain in the meat of the power (low-mid). The overall horsepower gain, IMO, doesn't mean as much as what you get where you use the power! My system is the Ti version and I would not recommend the Ti header. The FMF is even thinner than the stock Honda one. If you lay your bike down on anything but a groomed turn then your askin for trouble. I ordered a stainless steel one this week after returning from Round 2 of the GNCC's. I don't think I'll notice the ounces on the steel version! :applause: