Sign in to follow this  

Lbl

Does anyone here ride LBL in KY? I need some help in what trails i should hit when i go up there next sunday the 18th. Every other time i have been i just rode like two trails because i was afraid of getting lost. Of course i was only riding by myself(bad idea). On the 18th ill have a friend but still want some cool areas to head to. Thanks

ya i definitely will check. thanks for the heads up. I sort of figured that was the case but i there is so many little side trails and stuff that i get afraid that im going in circles.

We've found best riding perpindicular to the main trail. Less traveled and cleaner. Just ride the main trail and look for small cut offs.

Does anyone here ride LBL in KY? I need some help in what trails i should hit when i go up there next sunday the 18th. Every other time i have been i just rode like two trails because i was afraid of getting lost. Of course i was only riding by myself(bad idea). On the 18th ill have a friend but still want some cool areas to head to. Thanks

You can't get lost at LBL, its really not that big of a place. We normally just take off and try to stay off the main trail. If you scared of getting lost, get a cheap GPS, for $100 you can know exactly where you are.

ok thanks guys. i was under the impression that some of the trails went really far. i also hate the little cut offs. i cant always tell whats a main trail and whats a little trail to a hill climb or something.

I hate the cut-offs and cross trails too. It seems like every 6 feet you have to stop and look both ways to avoid a collision.

LBL isn't my favorite place, but I try to go a couple times a year. Riding in the rocks is good practice.

Riding in the rocks is good practice.

LBl has rocks? You must be confused with another riding area. :eek:

Yeah, LBL is pretty rocky...........Back in the 80's when it opened it was one awesome place to ride. :applause:

LBl has rocks? You must be confused with another riding area. :eek:

Yeah, LBL is pretty rocky...........Back in the 80's when it opened it was one awesome place to ride. :applause:

Maybe if he said LOSE GRAVEL it would explain it better. I drove over there earlier in the week and the gates were open. It had been closed. If you are worried about getting lost, they have little maps. All the marked trails come off and end up back on the main trail. The only bad one's are marked red. Blue is boundery and Yellow is groomed. They don't even walk down the red one's from what I got from the Ranger. I checked the main trail last time I was over there and from entrance to exit, its 5 miles and it circles nearly the entire area.

Um I think it is white for boundries and all the newly marked trails are Red, Blue, and yellow.

Um I think it is white for boundries and all the newly marked trails are Red, Blue, and yellow.

You're right, WHITE is the actual boundry. The white is painted on the trees. Blue marked trails run the boundry. Sorry. I worded the rest right.

ya yellow is easy. orange/red is medium dificulty. blue is tough. i was there today and had a blast

I had to take my wife to the airport in Nashville yesterday and on the way back it was nothing but trucks with bikes and atv over and over agian on I-24. We go through LBL on the way to hit I-24 at Cadiz.

hmm? there wasnt that many people there. Maybe everyone showed after i left at around 5. Ive been tehre before when there was a lot more people.

That could of been from the OMA harecramble race in Shortcreek, KY. I think there was 270 bikes and 180 atv's. I love LBL. I just wish they would let our series race it. Coperhead run is/was agood place to ride, it is not to far from there in Salem,Ky. If you like Harescrambles, check out kyharecramble.com

MSHSS also had a race om sun. I was one of em on I-24 heading home from vanleer tn

i need to start racing HS. It sounds like a lot of fun. If you dont mind me asking, how much money goes into a single race?

how much money goes into a single race?

Are you asking, how much do people spend racing? (entry fee's, gas, ect...)

The MSHSS is $5 at the gate per head and $25 for entry for the race. I spend the same on my bike and gas for 2hrs. racing or 2hrs. out playing I ride just as hard doing both, so for me other than entry fees same price. You dont need a fast bike to be fast, you dont have to sink a bunch of money in your bike if thats what your asking.

One of the dirt bike mags did a test with one of thier editors who is like a C classs rider. Has him Racing Ryan Hughes. The catch was they both started on 450s the editor rode a 450 for all races but Ryan each race would take a step down on bike size. went all the way down from 450, 250, 85, 60. The editor got his butt beat untill ryan rode a BMX bike. Just goes to show though it doesnt matter what your on its all about your right hand and the ability to use it all.