Sign in to follow this  

2007 wr250f valve clearance????

Hey, do you have to check the clearance the valves on 2007 wr 250f?

if so how often?:applause:

Of course, you must check the valve clearances. Try using a metric feeler gauge as it will yield more accurate results than a inch feeler gauge (it goes in increments of .001)

Check after the bike is broken in, and every couple months. Once they have settled, you can wait up to 6 months then check it...

All depends how much and how harsh you ride. More you ride, more you check...

I'd imagine the same interval for checks as the '06 which according to the Owner's Service Manual is:

For the General Maint Sched: After 600 Miles, 1000 Kms / one month and then every 600 Miles, 1,000 Kms / three months.

For "Competition Use" it's: After Break In and then after every third race or 500 Kms.

However, "Bear in mind that factors such as weather, terrain, geographical location, and individual usage will alter the required maintenance and lubrication intervals. If you are in doubt...... consult your Yamaha dealer.":bonk: Yeah, right....

Not sure why "Competion Use" is in Kms only, I guess they figure us 'mericans don't race our WR's...

All very good advice.

Another important factor is making sure your airfilter is in good shape and cleaned/oiled after every ride. If you don't stay on top of it any dust or sand that gets by will pound the hard nitride coating right off the intakes resulting in fast closing tolerances.

All very good advice.

Another important factor is making sure your airfilter is in good shape and cleaned/oiled after every ride. If you don't stay on top of it any dust or sand that gets by will pound the hard nitride coating right off the intakes resulting in fast closing tolerances.

thanks, i ll be sure to check that