Sign in to follow this  

Sunoco 110

well i know i wont get any power benefits, but can get it for only 4.99 a gallon... is this much cleaner than pump gas? (well its technically pump gas but you know what i mean...) Also, will there be less carbon buildup?

thanks

I am not too familiar with sunoco 110,I do however know that race fuel tends to clog up the jets in the carb alot quicker than pump gas.If your motor is not pinging as it is than i would leave it.Putting race gas in a motor that has been running fine on pump gas will give you no benefits whatsoever without proper jetting.

I would generally say no, on a modern 4 stroke.

MXA magazine did some testing using pump gas at either 91 or 92 octane, ran a dyno, and then tried 100 or 110. They actually got better results with the 91 or 92 versus the 100/110 stuff. Their recommendation was to save your money for new tires, and just use 91 or 92.

Regarding the consistancy/quality control of the 110....I couldn't comment, since I don't know if the Manufacturer is using higher standards, than their run of the mill stuff.

I do know for a fact that the new VP racing fuel (U4.1) will give about 8% more horsepower, and it doesn't gum up or leave residue like the U4 it replaced. However, I think it's going for about $ 10 or $11 a gallon. My YZ450f is strong enough, but I wouldn't mind trying the new U4.1 just for the heck of it.

i have the sunoco 110 pump at a local station for 5.99 too

i run it mixed 50/50 with shell 93 v-power gas

there is a very noticeable difference in carbon buildup,throttle response,and a half to one horse gain on my butt dyno

tried straight 93, was ok

tried straight 110, was good

tried 50/50 and it was noticeably different :applause: nuff said

im not full of crap either...also tried this on a 2-stroke and 4-stroke and both had best results with 50/50

I like the Ultra 94 from Sunoco at the pump. Always end up using that stuff in my bikes, and as a bonus, their station is right beside a Tim Hortons to get a coffee on the way up to go riding.

The big thing with race fuel is jetting consistency, which is very important. It was amazing how different my bike would run with different batches of fuel and same temp./humidity/elevation. That being said, since I tried VP C12, I'll never go back to pump fuel.

• Like 1

I run it in my Lawnboy! I can cut the grass in half the time now:thumbsup: :applause::lol: :lol: