Sign in to follow this  

Benefits Of Manaul Cam Chain Tensioner?

I have a 05 CRF450R and have never had any problems with the OEM unit on my 02,03 or 05. Are the 05's know to fail? Are there any performance gains? I'm sure I really should have know.:applause:

I bought one, but if u have a adjustible fuel screw u wont be able to ajust it with the MCCT on... unless u modify the MCCT bolt... which I am thinking about doing..

Is this right? I wont be able to adjust my ZipTy fuel screw if I have a MCCT? With the temp changes here in NJ I adjust the fuel screw almost week to week. Anybody modify their MCCT to use both? Has anyone heard if the 07 OEM tensioner is better then my 05 and will it bolt right on? Thanks guys.:applause:

Is this right? I wont be able to adjust my ZipTy fuel screw if I have a MCCT? With the temp changes here in NJ I adjust the fuel screw almost week to week. Anybody modify their MCCT to use both? Has anyone heard if the 07 OEM tensioner is better then my 05 and will it bolt right on? Thanks guys.:lol:

I have been doing searches on the MCCT to try and find a post that talks about this, all i found was one post with someone saying that u have to cut the bolt shorter on the MCCT if u want to adjust the ziptyfuel screw... but who knows.. :applause:

I've got both. The Zip-Ty Fuel screw and the MCCT. I can very easily make adjustments to the fuel screw without doing any modifications to the MCCT.