Sign in to follow this  

Do the Kibblewhite spring sets come with new valve seals. and do you need to replace

do the kibblewhite valve springs come with the valve stem seals and can you use the stock exhaust valve with the new springs or do you need to use there valves. i didnt know if the weight of the kibblewhite exhaust valve was different than the stock exhaust valve.

I would get both the valves and springs. The seals do not come with the kit. And you should get the seats cut. I would send it to RHC and have him re do the head. It will ge a little more but you wont have to do it again.:applause:

first off what is botj. and do i need to get the seats cut or can i just lap them in can i get away without having the seats cut. i have the valves and springs on the way. im limited to getting the stuff done that i need not sure when all the parts are gonna be in. and im planning on racing on the 24 and i work everyday until then so limited on time to get the bike apart and all of it done. any input would be great. and where and how do i contact RHC. i dont see a link or anything

Send him a PM. If the valve guides are good you can just lap the valves. That is not the best way but it works.:applause:

RHC wasnt much help. he couldnt tell me anything because im not buying his products. anybody else have anything that would help.

I would repalce the valve guide seals. Now on to the seats, take your new valve put it in and hold it with your thumb and spray a little contact cleaner in to the port and then look at the face of the valve to see if any of the cleaner is leaking around the valve and seat (do this on all of the valves) if any of them leak you need to at least lap them. To know if you need to have them cut measurement need to be taken, and this is not something you can do on your own. good luck.