Sign in to follow this  

Why not?

Ever since i have started "modding" my dirtbikes i guess you could say. I always wondered why manufacturers dont put as much of the aftermarket technology into their bikes. Manufactures could easily squeeze more power out of the bikes. Do they choose not to and pick greater reliability or soemthing?

Why dont manufacturers start using some of the aftermarket technology to get ahead of the competing brands?

• Like 1

not every one is ready for a modded bike when they get first step up. And it would cost a lot more then to. Husky sells there bikes with titanium pipes, aftermarket suspension and other stuff i heard.

not every one is ready for a modded bike when they get first step up. And it would cost a lot more then to. Husky sells there bikes with titanium pipes, aftermarket suspension and other stuff i heard.

Enter TM, practically hand made bikes...

Not all aftermarket parts are better than stock. Manufacturers spend millions on research and development. They don't get it right all the time, but neither do the aftermarket companies. You have to do your own research on TT, Magazines etc.

my dads friend is a really good friend with every one at the local husky shop, and he has a tc250. He says there really good, but they dont have as much power as the main brands like yamaha and honda

It's one simple word, guys, MONEY!!

The manufacturers have a cost target to hit with each model. I'd love to have a bike that runs like James Stewart's, but I can't shell out the dollars it would cost, not to mention the maintenance on it, either.

The stock showroom floor bikes are as good as they can get on a budget. The makers decide how much they want to spend on R&D each year for each model, and when that runs out, that's IT for development for that year.

Bikes are starting to do this with gripper seat covers and oversized handlebars, but thats about it, except for KTM. But then again, look what its done to the price.

I imagine a lot of things are trademarked. However it would be easy to borrow ideas from anothers product.

Take cams for example, i have read that most of the aftermarket brands do an awesome job at giving a bike some juice. If i was a manufacturer i would go with lobes closely resembling that one. I just dont see why a manufacturer wouldnt jump on this. high comp. piston. exhaust. ?porting?

It woud help boost the image of the brand and the bike. I guess when i posted this i was thinking of race bikes in general. if any one of the top bikes got an added 3 horsepower they would most likely be at the top of the heap.

i dont know.