Sign in to follow this  

asv levers w/ raparound handguards

does any 1 have any sudgesstion on the asv f3 lever possitioning? i had to put it farther into the bar near the cross bar clamp bec of how long the evers r and i had to run the kill switch wire over the clamp and i just want it to look cleaner

Why did you buy the ASV when you are running full brushguards? The brushguards 99.99% will prevent the levers from breaking if bike goes down.

Or do you plan on taking them on and off when racing mx? I just leave mine on so I don't have to worry about such thing or getting a rock or hitting bars with other bikes.

mx813

Some places you aren't allowed to run full brush guards in MX races, it's against AMA rules.

Some places you aren't allowed to run full brush guards in MX races, it's against AMA rules.

...another stupid AMA rule...

is there any reasoning to it?

Why did you buy the ASV when you are running full brushguards? The brushguards 99.99% will prevent the levers from breaking if bike goes down.

Or do you plan on taking them on and off when racing mx? I just leave mine on so I don't have to worry about such thing or getting a rock or hitting bars with other bikes.

mx813

Ever ride in a trail where a tree branch hits the clutch lever? Sure, it won't break the clutch, but it'll break your hand!

does any 1 have any sudgesstion on the asv f3 lever possitioning? i had to put it farther into the bar near the cross bar clamp bec of how long the evers r and i had to run the kill switch wire over the clamp and i just want it to look cleaner

I have no idea what you are trying to ask. I don't even know half of the words on there.

Make an effort to describe to us what your problem is, and maybe we can make an effort to help out...

A picture is worth a thousand words.

...another stupid AMA rule...

is there any reasoning to it?

in some cases during crashes your hand/arm can slip inside the full brush guards and break your wrist or arm. Thats the reasoning behind it. Ive seen it happen before, a riders hand slips off the bars and gets caught in the wrap around style guards and can cause serious injuries.

in some cases during crashes your hand/arm can slip inside the full brush guards and break your wrist or arm. Thats the reasoning behind it. Ive seen it happen before, a riders hand slips off the bars and gets caught in the wrap around style guards and can cause serious injuries.

worst case...yeah that can happen

there's many things that can happen on a dirt bike though.

I can see their point, I guess

In all my racing years, track and off-road, I have never had my hand stuck in between the brush guard and levers/handlebar. Can it happen? Sure but unlikely.

well here is a pic of my problem mybike010.jpg i have that huge gap where my kill switch needs to b. i put the kill switch over there but the wire hase to run above the hot start switch. and it looks sloopy. i tried running it under the clamp but it pinched the wire. Do u think u could run the kill switch wire through the bar? bec the kill switch wire is very thin and u would not have to drill big holes that would weken the bar? and i also run hang guards bec in the woods if u hit a tree brach it will save your fingers

you can always cut the ball end off of the lever. i did that with my last bike....

but i didn't have $100 clutch levers.

Can you run the wire thru the gap where the bolt goes for the perch clamp? If not I doubt drilling that small of a hole (actually two, one to feed the wire in and one where it comes out) would be problem, especially since full brush guards strengthen the bars.

Why not get the shorty levers from ASV?

Exactly! ASV sells shorty clutch leavers for kids on 80's and stuff, there just a little shorter.