Sign in to follow this  

TM 530 Clutch??

Some one here said about drilling it to get more oil in it ?

Still having issues with the clutch and also slips some times and the bike is like brand new .. :lol::applause:

What kind of oil do you use ? I use Bel Ray Thumper 20W50 and don't have problems (at least : not any more since I switched the oil brand :applause: )

What kind of oil do you use ? I use Bel Ray Thumper 20W50 and don't have problems (at least : not any more since I switched the oil brand :applause: )

tell me what your prblems were ?

A howling/grinding noise during disengaging of the clutch, including a little bit (but no real problem) of clutch drag.

According the dealer due to the (hard) material type of the clutch plates.

Yep. I drilled my pressure plate & it improved it heaps. It was still grabby when you first start off. But once it warmed up it was fine

Regards

Pete

ClutchInner.jpg

ClutchOuter.jpg

It would depend on the design. I believe that the problem with the 530 clutch is that the oil can not get into it to help make it work correctly. I have heard of people using the 450 clutch with success. It has less plates ( 1 less i think ) and that makes the whole basket narrower, giving it more clearance to the cover & allowing oil around it.

Regards

Pete

Forgot to mention that some modify the 530 clutch for less plates, but requires some machine work

It would depend on the design. I believe that the problem with the 530 clutch is that the oil can not get into it to help make it work correctly. I have heard of people using the 450 clutch with success. It has less plates ( 1 less i think ) and that makes the whole basket narrower, giving it more clearance to the cover & allowing oil around it.

Regards

Pete

Forgot to mention that some modify the 530 clutch for less plates, but requires some machine work

The best info ever to help solve my problem ..

May I ask Jettin and I need a MX head pipe and can ?

I just used the recommended settings, 205 main, went to a 48 pilot, air screw 1 1/2 turns, float height 11mm, Acc pump Rod length 84mm ( played between 78 & 82 )

I had the rear of the std muffler modified so the main baffle continued all the way to the rear.

Regards

Pete

I just used the recommended settings, 205 main, went to a 48 pilot, air screw 1 1/2 turns, float height 11mm, Acc pump Rod length 84mm ( played between 78 & 82 )

I had the rear of the std muffler modified so the main baffle continued all the way to the rear.

Regards

Pete

Your a great help !! any pics or tell me how to modify the end can ?

Sorry no photos. I got a local guy here to do the mod. He's switched on. I just handed him the bike and he made the mod. All I know if you remove the muffler you can see straight through it.

Regards

Pete

Sorry no photos. I got a local guy here to do the mod. He's switched on. I just handed him the bike and he made the mod. All I know if you remove the muffler you can see straight through it.

Regards

Pete

Take one of the end can no ?

And do you have this lads email?

Sorry, I dont have the bike anymore & the guy does not have an email. He mainly does custom Harley's and its only that I use to work with him that he fits my jobs in.

Regards

Pete