Sign in to follow this  

starting 04 250

i have a few questions about my new bike .i just got a 04 250 and rode it my first time today. it starts 2-3 kicks on choke when its cold.i warmed it up and rode it about fife min.i cut it off and when i went to start it i didnt know what to do. use the hot start,choke,ornothing. i used the choke and it wouldnt start. so i got my friend to push me down a hill and i drop started it and it worked. my question is when do i use each way of starting the bike? i came from a xr100 so im used to just kick and go.! thanks.

unless its cold just start it normally, just kick it over (no gas). if that doesnt work use the hot start (i have never had to use it)

When the engines are luke warm, not up to full operating but not cold either, they are the hardest to start. I haven't come up with a "sure fire" : ) way to get around this one.

Just turn the gas on and pressure kick it then kick it and it should start. Thats whenever you ride it after you stop then want to ride it again. The hotstart is for whenever you fall or turn it off then start it right back up again. It just makes it easier to start then.