Sign in to follow this  

water in forks ?

i blew a seal this last sunday. i took the forks in and had the seals and the oil replaced. the guy who did said when he dumped the oil out it was a milky color like oil looks when it gets water in it. have you ever heard of water getting in the forks? He thinks it could possibly be but doubts its some different type of fork oil. the last place to have the forks apart was my dealer and they only use race teck fork oil and he said thats blue in color.

thanks in advance,

BBK

nope but i do cross a lot of creeks. what im trying to figure out is if my shock sox contributed to it. i dont think so because they are made of neoprene so they dont absorb water

ya how bad were ur fork seals blown because i have never herd of that befor i t could be form using a presure washer though i guess

one other thing, if you just replace the seals and not the bushings you are going to blow out the seals again, b/c the worn bushing in the fork has some play in it which will wear the seals, so new seals and bushings when you rebuild your forks, take a look at the pivotworks fork kit, comes w/ everything...

the bushings are good he said. he also said he had seen it before with forks coming in with water on the inside. im wondering if it may be creek crossings that cause water to get in there because i do some deep crossings