Sign in to follow this  

What Handles Better? 2006(mods) or 2007

What handles better, an 06 with the offset clamps and rad lowering kit or the 2007 model, properly set up for your weight and fine tuned to your liking or even just however else. Does anyone have an even comparison?

I had my 06 dialed in for myself before getting rid of it, raised forks 5mm, changed front tire to D742, Dr. D Rad kit, and 95mm of sag in the rear. It was working very well for me setup like this, of course comp/rebound were set to my liking also.

I have ridden my 07 two times already without even checking the sag and can say hands down it turns better than the 06. It tracks through ruts better, front wheel stays planted in flat sweepers, and in general will go where you point it without much effort.

If you are willing to wait I will have a much better review soon, heading down to FL next week for 10 days of riding, should have it nicely dialed in by the time I get back.

Clamps? I hear the offset is what keeps you in the ruts and gives you that extra bit of traction. Good post though thanks