Sign in to follow this  

stock bike

Push it off a cliff, gravity will help speed it up...

Seriously though, every bike has different things that can be done to it. Need to know what your referring to.

ya, the no money part is a tough one. for a few bucks you could upgrade to a performance ngk plug, get a better air filter, and high octane gas. other then that, work on your riding in terms of carrying more momentum through turns, etc...

i know this is not that usefull, but just trying to help anyway.

• Like 1

you can machine a few oz off the flywheel if you have acces to a lathe.and for like five bucks you can make a homemade breather pipe for your intake valve cover.

you can loose weight, the theory is about 7lbs = 1hp

Make sure the bike is clean, and there is no dirt or mud lodged anywhere. Take a big crap right before riding, these two should equal anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds weight reduction. Other than that, with no money to play with there's really nothing you can do that you will feel the difference.

ya i have money for upgrades i was just woundring what i could do like tune the carb.... or some thing to the motor..just to get that extra kick

Take your header pipe off and see if it's got a big gob of weld in there.If it does use a dremel and grind it smooth that will help your exhaust breath better giving better performance aswell.Other than that any other mods will require some cash.

what can u do to a stock bike to make it go faster with out spending money?

^^^O.K. :applause: I'm a little confused. I thought you didn't have any money, and just wanted tuning tips and such. So what's you're budget for upgrades? That will give everyone a better idea of what to reccomend.

no see i have upgrades on my bike but i was asking what i could do for a littel boost that does not cost me cash like what the other guy said about the header and mabey this could help some one out who cant afford upgrade sorry about the caps lock

OK I got ya. You can also clean you're air filter and spend a little time getting you're airscrew tuned perfectly in addition to the header mod. This will make the bike feel more responsive and eliminate any hesitation, if it has any now.

Take your header pipe off and see if it's got a big gob of weld in there.If it does use a dremel and grind it smooth that will help your exhaust breath better giving better performance aswell.Other than that any other mods will require some cash.

Excellent idea ! I am going to inspect mine shortly ! I like the breather tube idea as well from the other post. Jetting is key for sure, and so is a plug, a good airfilter, proper tire pressure, and riding skills :applause: