Sign in to follow this  

Talon Carbon Hubs/spacers?

Ok, I received some wheelsets from my hookup in Ireland. They utilize Excel rims, with the new Talon hubs that are Carbon Fiber in the middle and aluminum on the outside. Here is my question for anyone with Talon hub experience. Does the front axle only ride on the spacers (collars). A small portion of the spacers (collars) ride inside of the bearings inside the hub, but shouldn't the front axle ride inside a inner collar as well, like the stock hub assembly, or do Talon hubs not use this type of center? I tried it and it seems to be fine, with no play in the wheel. I am going to call talon in the morning, but I'm just wondering if someone might know tonight. The wheels are used, but they were coming off the exact same bike, a 2006 YZ450f.

Also, does anyone know if these hubs are even available in the US yet. I saw a write up on them at vitalmx.com. They are pretty damn nice either way.

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.vitalmx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=595&Itemid=41

Here is a link to the little blurb on Vitalmx.com that they did. They are the exact hubs I have, I think they came off the Rinaldi (sp) team bikes. The guy that owns the shop that I work at is from Ireland and his brother owns a shop there, and has hook ups. I'll post some pics when they are on the bike done, when I figure out this spacer deal.

Mike

what did they cost you? If you dont mind me asking.

Nothing, I just lucked out. Hope I can figure out the front spacer deal though! If not, I'll just have one machined I guess. I wonder what they will retail for in the states? They are used though, the hubs look new, the rims show wear, but all seem true and straight. Now that I am looking around on here, I'm seeing some posts on exploding yz450f hubs, so I'm glad I have these now.

Mike

The Talon Carbon hubs aren't in the US yet. I contacted FTM and they said they would bring them in with a lead time of 60 - 90 days and the price was $1,800.

Byron