Sign in to follow this  

KX 100 miles per gallon

i remember on my 94 kx80 i got a good 30 miles on it with an inch or so of gas still in the tank, and that was riding very slow.

Depends on how they operate the loud handle. My daughter got a bit over 40 miles on the stock tank. My son gets a bit over 40 miles on the IMS tank. Needless to say, she was a gentle rider and he revs the snot out of it.

Depends on how they operate the loud handle. My daughter got a bit over 40 miles on the stock tank. My son gets a bit over 40 miles on the IMS tank. Needless to say, she was a gentle rider and he revs the snot out of it.

Mine is a snot rev type. I think I'll pack a 1 quart reserve for him in my back pack when we ride the Piglet tomorrow. I hear it is 35 miles or so to the fuel stop.:applause:

I just carry a small bottle (2-4 oz) of premix and a empty 32 oz Gatorade bottle. If I need to add gas to the KX100 I just borrow some from my bike and mix it.

Figure 40 miles per gallon. My son has a 2.6 gallon IMS tank on his and we often run 80-mile loops with lots of gas to spare. He runs the snot out of his too...

Normally we seem to like 100+ mile runs - cross country. Therefore, we put a gas station into the route. There's 2-stroke oil available (Autozone) in small premeasured bottles for one gallon applications (about $0.99). After using the oil, we just keep refilling the bottles with our favorite brand of oil.

Gatoraide bottles (as mentioned above) are the best for carrying gas as they are sturdy and come in varing sizes.

The IMS tank fits well, if another option becomes necessary, and you can keep an eye on the kids fuel. There's a picture of my son's KX100 at the bottom of this page.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476933&page=5