Can you help me gather info on this dual sport kit for my 426?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

This headlight/taillight/brakelight/license plate holder/stator was on my YZ426 when I bought it last year. The guy I bought it from had it on and said the headlight and stator kit were made by Moose racing. He said he used the license plate holder from a KTM? (not sure which one), and added a single mirror and horn to make it street legal in Texas. I didn't really care because I moved to Nevada immediately and I don't need any of this stuff. The stator ended up quitting on me one day, so I put the original YZ stator back in and took off all the dual sport stuff. I'm not sure what is wrong with the stator or if it can be fixed, but I would like to find out a little more info about the stator and headlight kit. I am thinking of just selling this stuff (the stuff that works anyway) and want to get a little more info. I went to Mooseracing.com, but couldn't find anything about one of these kits. Does anyone know anything about these kits? I'm wanting to know if this same kit would fit other years/models, what the stators cost, etc.

It looks to me like the kit may have been pieced together by the last owner. The kill switch assy. looks to be made my Baja Designs, the headlight and taillight is likely Acerbis and the regulator is a 12 volt a/c from Moose. To get your stator working again you will have to get it rewound.. but its not really worth it because it will only burn up again. They had problems with those because they took away 2 ignition posts and made them lighting. What happens is the stator overheats and burns up because there is not enough windings.

Thanks for the help. So it sounds like the stator is worthless, but the rest of the stuff would work on another bike as long as you got the correct stator for your bike, right? Of course, the blue would really only match a Yamaha...

Norcalmoto-

All this stuff was on the bike when I bought it, and the guy told me that it cost him about $800 for all the stuff. Sounds a little expensive to me. I'm sure the stator is probably a couple hundred to replace. I don't ever plan on riding on the road, so I was thinking of selling all this stuff, and asking around $200 for it.

• 2 weeks later...