Sign in to follow this  

Jetting after exhaust?

I just bought a full Dr.D settup, and was wondering if i have to change my jetting. I have a 04 KX250F that is bone stock. thanks

Best thing i can tell ya is ask DR D. Alot of times the stock pipe is already a straight shot can and you don't have two jet. if you do it's normaly up 2.

i would suggest calling....when i bought my pro circuit exhuast system...i followed there Jetting Spec...and started from

there

cool. i was gona call anyway but i thought that this would be a start. i still have to pull my bike out of storage. stupid winter!!! i think im gona get it all set and ride it for a bit with the stock pipe on and then change over, just to see if it realy makes a differance. im sure it will but its been 6 months since iv even seen my bike. im gona change all the fluids and maybe the plug.

I used 04 team green jetting specs with a Dr. D pipe on the 04 RMZ250 I had and it was perfect. changing main jets according to temperature was the only adjustments I ever had to make.

I dont have the specs anymore, but you can probably find them somewhere, or maybe someone on here has them...

I just bought a white bros MX-4 exhaust and it came with the proper jets. the exhaust manufacturer should be able to advise on the proper jetting.

Part---------------Stock------ Pro Circuit--------Team Green

Main Jet------------180----------170-----------------175

Needle-------------NCYU--------NCYS---------------NCYS

Clip Position-------2 or 3----------4--------------------4

Pilot Jet-------------40-----------42-------------------42

Fuel Screw (out)---1 3/4----------3-------------------2.5

Leak Jet-------------60-----------50-------------------50

TG-->http://www.kawasaki.com/Content/pdfs...Pages22-32.pdf

PC-->http://www.procircuit.com/PCJETTING.htm

cool. i was gona call anyway but i thought that this would be a start. i still have to pull my bike out of storage. stupid winter!!! i think im gona get it all set and ride it for a bit with the stock pipe on and then change over, just to see if it realy makes a differance. im sure it will but its been 6 months since iv even seen my bike. im gona change all the fluids and maybe the plug.

if ur bike is coming from a long break...if u haven't already....pull the carb out and drain the old gas and clean the carb, because the old gas has gummed up the walls....also do the regular procedure...check/adjust float assembly, clean jets..etc

if ur bike is coming from a long break...if u haven't already....pull the carb out and drain the old gas and clean the carb, because the old gas has gummed up the walls....also do the regular procedure...check/adjust float assembly, clean jets..etc

all over that. i had it running last weekend and other than starting it cuz of the temp. it ran great. now i just need the exhaust and im gona try it on stock jetting and when it warms up then ill try the Dr.D jetting.