Sign in to follow this  

Amsoil oil.

I bought a case of Amsoil tonight for my bike. ( SAE 10W-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil (MCF) ). I have about 8 hours on my new bike and after I go through this Honda oil I plan on using Amsoil from here on out. What I was wondering is can I use that oil for both motor and tranny? Ive read post of other ppl doing it but then I read two articles stating that you gotta use different types of oils. So I'm up in arms atm on whether to to get 2 types of oils or just use the same for both sides.

The Amsoil full synthetic motorcycle 10w40 (MCF) or 20w50 (MCV) are both really good oils and can be both used in engine or transmission. The synthetic oil should be changed every 6-7 hours and regular every 3-4... I wouldn't use a synthetic oil until you have atleast 8 hours on your motor, to make sure the rings have set in really well.

Yah I have about 6-8hours on motor atm. Plan on changing both oils tom. night and gonna use the Honda brand. So after that my Amsoil should be here :applause:

what costs more, honda or amsoil? I need to buy some oil but i dont know what i should get. i want something a bit cheaper than honda oil and i need to know where i can get it because the dealership only carries honda oil.

I am from canada so if anybody knows where a good place to get oil in canada is, id really like to know. thanks.

I'm switching from Amsoil not because of quality - it is excellent - but because of cost. We now have three racing thumpers in the stable, so we are switching to Rotella T. Given the frequency of oil changes, I don't see the benefit of Amsoil's high cost (even as a preferred customer). However, we do still have two racing 2-strokes and will still be running Amsoil Dominator pre-mix.

what costs more, honda or amsoil? I need to buy some oil but i dont know what i should get. i want something a bit cheaper than honda oil and i need to know where i can get it because the dealership only carries honda oil.

I am from canada so if anybody knows where a good place to get oil in canada is, id really like to know. thanks.

Go to your local parts store, Napa, Lordco, or whatever is in your local area and take a look for some Pennzoil outdoor motorcycle 10w40 for when cooler, and get the 20w50 when warmer... Make sure you change it every 3-4 hours in the engine and around 10-15 in the transmission. And the engine oil filter every 15 hours. The Pennzoil is not too expensive and protects your engine well also. my bike has 115 hours on it the first 50 were w/ honda oil and the last 65 were w/ the pennzoil, no un-normal wear on parts when I pulled it apart to put in new piston/rings etc.

i just bought my bike and the guy b4 me used motul 3000+ in it. i have no idea how expensive it is or how good it is. I wont be racing my bike, i just ride back roads and stuff, maybe the occasional track ride every once in a while. so what would be best for me?

i just bought my bike and the guy b4 me used motul 3000+ in it. i have no idea how expensive it is or how good it is. I wont be racing my bike, i just ride back roads and stuff, maybe the occasional track ride every once in a while. so what would be best for me?

rotella t synthetic 5w40 every 5 hours- if you dont want to pay 8-9 a quart for amsoil

thanks for the info guys, sorry ive taken over this thread. Motul 3000+ mineral 4T 10w40 is 7.99CAN for 1 liter. I think i am going to buy that since it is a good price and its what the guy b4 me used. Its not 100% synthetic but i think it would be better if i bought cheaper oil and changed it more often than buying more expensive oil and not changing it as much. I dont have the money to change the %100 synthetic often. They dont have Rotella T there and cant order it in. :applause:

Amsoil cost twice as much. Pretty sure I got my last two bottles of Honda for 4.65$ a piece. I bought of a case (12) for 106$ directly from Amsoil.(8.33$ each)

i run amsoil in my 07 on both sides. tranny and motor. so far no problems, great oil, still clean looking after i do an oil change after about 8 hours exactly ( hour meter ) on the bike! IMO its well worth it. :applause:

without getting into a big oil debate rotella can be purchased at wally world cheap by the gallon, BUT consider this it is NOT rated for your motorcycle, look in your oem manual it tells you what spec oil it needs API SG, SL/CF; JASO MA/MA-2; API GL-1 what ever you do at least find an oil that meets the min spec oil

rotella doesnt have it .

goto amsoil and read some of their articals, very informative stuff

check the manual i heard you can use a full synthetic on the engine side

dont use full sythetic on the clutch side because the clutch will slip us semi synthetic or honda gn4