Sign in to follow this  

Cal City to the Husky monument 3/10

A group of 8 or 9 riders from Lockheed Martin in Palmdale are going to try to find the Husky Monument on Saturday. We're going to stage from Borax Bills and hit the trail between 9 and 9:30. The plan is to hit Jo-burg for gas, then to the Husky, back to Jo-burg for gas, Randsburg for lunch, and back to Borax Bills. Anyone want to join us?

I thought you did this already? If this was on Sunday, I'd join you, but I have a date tonight with two beauties, a mother and a daughter.

I thought you did this already? If this was on Sunday, I'd join you, but I have a date tonight with two beauties, a mother and a daughter.

Your Wife and Daughter?If not you dirty dog you go boy,lol!!!Hey Birdy426,flynride525 is looking for someone to show him the way,I would PM him to see if he's interested...

We were palnning for last Saturday, but had some "issues" at work that caused us to reschedule.

Your Wife and Daughter?If not you dirty dog you go boy,lol!!!Hey Birdy426,flynride525 is looking for someone to show him the way,I would PM him to see if he's interested...

Beautiful mother and 12 year old daughter. But I'll still feel like a rock star! :applause:

Beautiful mother and 12 year old daughter. But I'll still feel like a rock star! :applause:

I always thought you were Bill!!!

You don't need to go to Joburg twice. From Borax Bill's it's 36 miles to husky and then 20-25 miles from there to Joburg. Get gas and go to Randsburg from there and then back to Borax Bill's.

I'd go with you, but Sat is out for me. I'll be out there Sun.

You don't need to go to Joburg twice. From Borax Bill's it's 36 miles to husky and then 20-25 miles from there to Joburg. Get gas and go to Randsburg from there and then back to Borax Bill's.

I'd go with you, but Sat is out for me. I'll be out there Sun.

I was thinking about that...but I'm not sure the guys with the stock tanks (YZ426, WR450, and CRF250R) have the legs to do 60 miles without a top off...

Hey Birdy426,flynride525 is looking for someone to show him the way,I would PM him to see if he's interested...

Done.

I was thinking about that...but I'm not sure the guys with the stock tanks (YZ426, WR450, and CRF250R) have the legs to do 60 miles without a top off...

The 250 is no problem and the 450s should make it as well, but you can have them each bring a bottle of gas just in case. My buddy MORGS made it on his KTM 450 without any probs. I think he still had a little over a gallon left when we got to Joburg.

We can rob some gas from my tank, you and Garrett. If we need to get somebody the last few miles. :applause:

How was the ride?

Had a great ride...no one got lost, no one got hurt, and only one bike broke (and that was the end of the day, almost back to Borax Bill's) We did about 98 miles all up, with a gas stop in Jo-Burg after the monument, and lunch at the White House.

Here are a few pics...

Taking a break on the way to the Husky

TakingaBreak.jpg

The crew at the Husky. None of us had ever been there before. We were all pretty impressed.

ThecrewattheHusky.jpg

We were surprised to find a plaque for a former coworker who was killed in an automobile accident a few years ago. One of the crew used to race with SoCal MC, and recognized several of the other names as well.

579261-R1-04-21A_005.jpg

...and then there were these guys. The paint job on the 640 adventure was really impressive.

579261-R1-12-13A_013.jpg

My son Garrett and I...looks like a christmas card photo this year...

GarrettandGreg.jpg

The one casualty of the day. Flat tire at Randsburg, and tried to ride it all the way back to Borax Bills. Shredded the tire about 3 miles from the truck...

579261-R1-19-6A_020.jpg

Loaded up and heading home. Garrett got new plastic before tis ride...sexy, huh?

Hurricaine.jpg

R44, R10, and, I think R110 are still OK, and CORVA has marked a legal route from Randsburg to JoBurg. We got lots of dirty looks from some of the locals as we came into town, even though we were putting along two gears too high and going about 5 mph. The store keepers were happy to have us, but it seems some of the locals are getting tired of it. Please ride responsably and stay on the legal routes to keep this privelege available to us!

• Like 1

An informative picture of the wheel with no tire. I was curious about worst case in attempting to ride a flat.

Such blue skys, it looks like it was a perfect day. :applause:

There is a store that sells tubes attached to the same building (east end) as the WHite House.