Sign in to follow this  

2007 YZ250F Clutch

Hey everyone, i have a 2007 YZ250F, i have a ASV lever and perch setup which i have had for a while, my clutch was getting heavy and i dont know why, so we installed a 98 YZ400F Actuator Arm to make the pull lighter and i dont think it has helped, i really really want my clutch lighter, i am getting a teflon lined clutch cable, will this fix the problem? is there anything else i can do, we have put more inox and lubricating oil in the clutch cable than we do in the motor!!!!

How many hours do you have the bike. The basket could be starting to notch.

Erik

there are no marks in the clutch basket at all!! We looked at that when we had all that apart putting the actuator arm in.

Hey everyone, i have a 2007 YZ250F, i have a ASV lever and perch setup which i have had for a while, my clutch was getting heavy and i dont know why, so we installed a 98 YZ400F Actuator Arm to make the pull lighter and i dont think it has helped, i really really want my clutch lighter, i am getting a teflon lined clutch cable, will this fix the problem? is there anything else i can do, we have put more inox and lubricating oil in the clutch cable than we do in the motor!!!!

Is that arm any longer? I have herd of people cutting the stock one and welding a little piece on it to make it longer. Seems like it would work.

Yes that arm is longer, and i ride 2-3 times a week and train everyday and go to the gym 2 or 3 nights a week, so i am sure thats not the problem.

I have both a 98 yz400 actuator arm installed and I redrilled the clutch lever about 5mm closer to the pivot hole. Combined with a lubed cable, you won't believe how easy the clutch is to pull!

An added bonus is the actuation point is more to my liking. Stock actuation point , to me, feels either engaged or disengaged with very little gray area. My new setup is much more gradual .... no more on or off just smooth engagement.

Yes that arm is longer, and i ride 2-3 times a week and train everyday and go to the gym 2 or 3 nights a week, so i am sure thats not the problem.

I hit the gym 5 times a week, no prob in that department. But I've added heavier springs for better engagement. Hit a tech track this past w/end and now I'm lookin for an easier pull myself.

I have both a 98 yz400 actuator arm installed and I redrilled the clutch lever about 5mm closer to the pivot hole. Combined with a lubed cable, you won't believe how easy the clutch is to pull!

An added bonus is the actuation point is more to my liking. Stock actuation point , to me, feels either engaged or disengaged with very little gray area. My new setup is much more gradual .... no more on or off just smooth engagement.

Hey old, any pics of that lever?

[quote name=BlakJak;4519855

Hey old' date=' any pics of that lever?[/quote]

I sold the 05 this weekend so no pic's.

just take a drill bit the same diameter as the hole for the end of the cable.

center punch a spot 5mm closer to the pivot hole (where the bolt goes thru for mounting) and then drill deep enough for the cable to nestle down into the lever.

I sold the 05 this weekend so no pic's.

just take a drill bit the same diameter as the hole for the end of the cable.

center punch a spot 5mm closer to the pivot hole (where the bolt goes thru for mounting) and then drill deep enough for the cable to nestle down into the lever.

Thnx old, doing the mod today.