Sign in to follow this  

Is this Exotic??

What the heck is this? Do you guys have any experience with this bike? I've never heard of UM. 2007 SMF200SM

SMF200SM.jpg

What the heck is this? Do you guys have any experience with this bike? I've never heard of UM. 2007 SMF200SM

SMF200SM.jpg

I believe this bike is Built in China.

A buddy of mine bought one for his wife. At first, I laughed hysterically. After seeing it - I'm not laughing anymore. It's not the knock-off POS I thought it would be.

I'm not saying that it's a great machine, either - but it doesn't seem to be the traditional pile of crap that most of these are.

I'm waiting for one or two of these companies to emerge from the garbage and build mainstream bikes as an alternative brand. These guys seem to have a start.

they also have a couple of different streetbikes that appear to be decent...in 5 years or so I see some decent stuff coming from Korea and China.

Interesting website,, an 18 month warranty? I like the 360 deg view,, only does 180,,

Freaking thing weighs 275 DRY. Imagine a DRZ 400 with 1/3 the power? :worthy::thumbsup:

I have seen several UM's in person, but I have not seen their 200cc machines yet. The scooters and smaller bikes seem very well made. They are NOT the typical knock off junk. The build quality is very good for the price, and the engines seemed decent. from what I have heard, and from what I have seen onthe smaller stuff from UM, they are probably not on par with a typical 'race bike' in terms of engine and suspension technology, but they are pretty much on an equal field with say a Yamaha TTR225 or a Suzuki DR200.

The upside is price, they are very affordable, and stock/repair parts are easy to get throught UM. Downside, there are virtually no aftermarket 'hop-up' parts available that I know of (someone might be able to tell us otherwise though). If you are looking for a nice trail bike, these might be worth checking out in person. I think that this particular company is worth watching, as they will be one of the few companies that 'makes it big' in the future. I think that they will continue to improve their products by leaps and bounds. -Todd

I have seen several UM's in person, but I have not seen their 200cc machines yet. The scooters and smaller bikes seem very well made. They are NOT the typical knock off junk. The build quality is very good for the price, and the engines seemed decent. from what I have heard, and from what I have seen onthe smaller stuff from UM, they are probably not on par with a typical 'race bike' in terms of engine and suspension technology, but they are pretty much on an equal field with say a Yamaha TTR225 or a Suzuki DR200.

The upside is price, they are very affordable, and stock/repair parts are easy to get throught UM. Downside, there are virtually no aftermarket 'hop-up' parts available that I know of (someone might be able to tell us otherwise though). If you are looking for a nice trail bike, these might be worth checking out in person. I think that this particular company is worth watching, as they will be one of the few companies that 'makes it big' in the future. I think that they will continue to improve their products by leaps and bounds. -Todd

And when did you start working for them...? J/K:p

They have some sweet looking bikes. Too bad theyre only available in America. If it was available here in Philippines i wouldve bought one to check it out.