Sign in to follow this  

E rear fender on an S??

I don't remember where but I recall reading somewhere on here that somehow the E rear fenders can be modified to fit the S sub-frame, is this a myth?:applause: Its about getting time to get new plastics for my DRZ and would like to save some $$$$.

you just need to trim a little bit off the rear fender to allow for the additional sub-frame length of the s model. the trimming will not be seen once mounted.

also the side panels don't have the cut-outs for the seat strap. but who actually still uses that(no offense if you do).

Could I cut off the additonal length off my S sub-frame to make it fit? Or would I be better off trimming the fender itself?

If you take off the seat strap, what holds your seat on?

Just kidding...

Could I cut off the additonal length off my S sub-frame to make it fit? Or would I be better off trimming the fender itself?

you would have to trim it to the same length as the e subframe. then you wouldn't have any real fender support for taillight & a bag. that's up to you.

it would be easier to trim the fender. it's not a big deal at all.

just lay the e fender next to the s fender & you will see what needs to be trimmed.

again, the cut section is not visible when all the plastics are on the bike. it's not like you're reducing the length of the fender. it just needs to be notched to clear the subframe.

Thread hijack: what about the other way around, ie adapting a S/SM fender on a E?!?

Anybody done that? I am asking because I would like a rear white fender on my E and I have read that the only available ones are S/SM OEM from Japan.

Thread hijack: what about the other way around, ie adapting a S/SM fender on a E?!?

Anybody done that? I am asking because I would like a rear white fender on my E and I have read that the only available ones are S/SM OEM from Japan.

that will work.

the only downside i can see, is that it may have the holes already drilled for the toolbag.

Take a close look at it the strap. I does not need to be there and has nothing to do with holding the seat on. Just go to take it off and you will see.

Take a close look at it the strap. I does not need to be there and has nothing to do with holding the seat on. Just go to take it off and you will see.

have a 2nd look at the post.

he threw a "just kidding" in there