Sign in to follow this  

06' 150f or 230 for adult?

I have this thing for smaller dirt bikes. Possibly because I was badly injured on a CR125, I don't know. I have had tons of fun on a XR100 but know it would be even better with something that can actually suspend me. Even a 100 was do-able powerwise, but you only know what you've ridden. If I get the 150, will I like it so much I'll just want the 230? I weigh 160 and money IS an issue. I can get a 150 for $1000 less.

Thanks

How tall are you? That's the real limiting factor in riding a less than full sized bike. You can always respring and revalve one to fit your weight, but you can't make the rider cockpit much bigger. A 230F is a nice sized bike, unless you are unusually tall, and is easy to ride with very managable power.

The 230 and 150 have the same frame so they are essentially the same size once you pick up your feet. If you are less than 5'7" or so the 150 may make you more comfortable. Power is less on the 150 but it is just so easy to ride. You can mod the 150 motor to make as much power as a 230 but it will use up that $1000 you saved up front.