Sign in to follow this  

How do you get to Randsburg??

So were going up to Cal City again this weekend, and my GF has been asking about goin up to Randsburg. The only problem is that I dont know how to get there?? We usually just park at a spot and go ride around for about an hour or so, and then just take a break back at the truck, and go out again. I think she is ready for a bit more of an adventure, and I would also like to check out Randsburg, but dont even know were to start. I have a GPS so if you have waypoints (Lat/Long) it would be appreciated!!

FYI - I have a very loud bike, and i've heard the locals dont really like that too much, will cause any problems??

Thanks for all the Help :applause:

So were going up to Cal City again this weekend, and my GF has been asking about goin up to Randsburg.

FYI - I have a very loud bike, and i've heard the locals dont really like that too much, will cause any problems??

Thanks for all the Help :applause:

In one word the answer to will a very loud bike cause any problems is YES. Your going into a town and near peoples homes if you want to ride a really loud bike do it out in the open desert where you won't be bothering anyone. Or better yet just quiet the bike down. Remember the saying Less Sound = More Ground

PLEASE do not ride a LOUD bike there or better yet, just quiet the bike down. Very few ridders will actually notice a performance benefit by having a louder more open exhaust. Quiet is the new way to be.

The easiest way to get to Randsburg from Cal City is just follow the Ransburgh hwy. to the powerlines that are close to hwy. 395. Turn left and follow the signs. When you come to the paved road stay on the dirt trail on the left and follow the signs to Randsburg. When you get close to any building or when you are in Randsburg just go slow and don't go racing through town. First gear only and be respectfull of the people who live there. There is a dirt parking lot at the north end of town just for OHV use. Park there and not on the street. I have seen horseback riders in town before and when I do I just shut down my bike and walk past them. When you are in Randsburg check out the shops and stores and spend some money buying lunch and enjoy yourself. Once you have been there it's easy to find next time.

Oh, yes please quite your bike down. You can ride what you have just idle around and go slow in town.

If you come from down below along the water pipe you'll enter town from a high point and you can cut your motor and coast in. To do this you approach town from the Randsburg/Garlock junction area.

I def. dont want to be disrespectful with my Loud Bike, thats why I was asking. I would never plan on Reving it up around town, if anything I would just putt around, basically idling. But now Im having second thoughts..... :applause:

Maybe I should just stay away from Randsburg for now... Dont wanna upset anyone, or get in any trouble. Ill just have to wait and borrow my GF's Dad's KTM 525 EXC and go check it out :lol:

I def. dont want to be disrespectful with my Loud Bike, thats why I was asking. I would never plan on Reving it up around town, if anything I would just putt around, basically idling. But now Im having second thoughts..... :applause:

Maybe I should just stay away from Randsburg for now... Dont wanna upset anyone, or get in any trouble. Ill just have to wait and borrow my GF's Dad's KTM 525 EXC and go check it out :lol:

Just idle in and out of town, you should be fine:thumbsup:

as Palmdale said, you can coast in if you come in from R110

wayne

wayne

I usually coast as far as i can then just idle in the rest of the way. If you do that you will have no problems

wayne

Thats how I roll, kill your engine at the top of the hill and come in stealth mode.

wayne

Yea... I have no Idea were that is?? I just got back into dirt Riding, and this will be my 5th Trip to Cal City... we usually just go down Cal City road, turn Left at the last stop sign and then hit the dirt road head down a bit, park and ride... how do i get to route 110?? Were do most of you set up "stage".??

Thanks for all the Help...

Yea... I have no Idea were that is?? I just got back into dirt Riding, and this will be my 5th Trip to Cal City... we usually just go down Cal City road, turn Left at the last stop sign and then hit the dirt road head down a bit, park and ride... how do i get to route 110?? Were do most of you set up "stage".??

Thanks for all the Help...

I suggest Stopping by the Jawbone store or Jawbone Station and get a map. It will help you out a ton. Or you can pick one up at the Store in Randsburg.

http://www.jawbone.org/