Sign in to follow this  

07 Link Arm

What is the number stamped on the 07 link arm,I supposedly got the 07 arm for my 06 but when it came in the number on it was 0019,same as the one I was taking off.Tried measuring both of them but they seemed about the same length to me.This bike is one of the Extreme Team Green bikes,so I'm wondering if maybe it already had the 07 link,or did I just take my first E-Bay screwing?Thanks all?

I just picked up my new 07 Monday and have already pulled everything apart to grease it and that is the number that is stamped on mine.

Try sticking the bolts from one into the other holding them side be side. If they match up, the length is the same.

Both 06 and 07 have the same number on the bottom but the center to center bolt alignment on the 07 should be about 1/8 to 5/32 closer together then the 06. There is entire thread that was started by Mxmike on this very thing. I put the o7 link on my 06 and was running the forks 9 to 11mm above the clamps; I didn't like the additional lowering of the rear end so i put the 06 link back on. I plan to put the 07 link back on when I have time to change the shock valving to accommodate the different characteristics of the 07 link. I have the valving really good for the 06 link now.

Kawasaki parts diagram on-line gives the same number for both model years. I do not understand how Kawasaki can say the parts are different?:applause:

I believe it's the same part w/ different machining...you may have stumbled on to a thing ot two about how to set-up the bike CORRECTLY!

I'm jus' sayin'...

(Now you know why my bikes are basically '06s with '07 mods and forks...)