Sign in to follow this  

EMERGENCY! ... HELP! TE450 beeping at me

&%$#@! !!!

Just finished a little ride. Parked the bike. Went in for a few minutes came back out bike is beeping. It's a very low hard to hear sound for me as I have bad hearing. Coming from the electical bundle under the tank.

Had the tank off last nigt. Maybe I pinched something or whatever.

Beep sounds about every 15 seconds. Bike is switched off.

Help me !!!!! I'm freaked OUT!

OK ... Just went back out there to disconnect the battery. Beeping has stopped. Still concerned. This is some normal thing, right ... and I'm a horses ass for not knowing it. Tell me this is so. :applause:

They didn't show you how to turn off the alarm? :applause:

Et tu Brute!

(Less see ... how do you remove fuel from them gas gauge thingies?)

Et tu Brute!

(Less see ... how do you remove fuel from them gas gauge thingies?)

You just made it too easy.

My bike in the bigger bumps vibrates the horn on and off - but don't think thats you problem...

Like many in this section of TT don't like to say things unless I am sure about them.

Besides I have no clue what might be going on...

my 06 610 makes a funny sound perhaps like yours. it is the green grey valve from gas tank to charcoal canister doing its job. open the gas cap and if it was pressurized - hisses -that will relieve the valve and stop the sound. mine does it on hot days with a very warmed up engine. hope this helps-frank

probably a silly question, but have you taken the tank off again to check for pinched wires??

my 06 610 makes a funny sound perhaps like yours. it is the green grey valve from gas tank to charcoal canister doing its job. open the gas cap and if it was pressurized - hisses -that will relieve the valve and stop the sound. mine does it on hot days with a very warmed up engine. hope this helps-frank

Thanks Frank. Sounds quite plausible. Well check it out.

Just my luck ... to come up with some weird problem nobody's ever heard of ... except Frank of course. :applause:

probably a silly question, but have you taken the tank off again to check for pinched wires??

No but I will if Frank's idea doesn't pan out. :applause:

As long as it runs well and you cannot hear the sound while the engine is on, I don't know what the problem is.

really, put the battery back on listen if the beeps are coming from the relays. it could be that a wire is touching something it's no spouse to and making the some thing do that strange noise. Similar thing happened to my buddies 4x4 after power washing his engine bay.. got some water in some cracked wiring but it was more of a constant beep.. now that’s annoying…

can you record the sound and post it? That'd help everyone understand what it might be.