Sign in to follow this  

Color Blind

Odd question maybe but I'm looking for a lens tint that works best for color blind people like me. I have a hard time seeing especially with glare from lighter surfaces like sand in bright light.

Well, I'm not color blind so I don't know if this will help. But I wear polarized sunglasses under the googles for the same reason a good photogragher will use a polarized filter to reduce glare off of shiny surfaces. Learned that one in a photography class. Works good on the trail also.

Odd question maybe but I'm looking for a lens tint that works best for color blind people like me. I have a hard time seeing especially with glare from lighter surfaces like sand in bright light.

Im also color blind and i feel your pain on this. I have tried clear, rose, blue, and smoked. For me the smoked lens has worked the best, it just makes everything not so bright. I still havent tried the light sensitive lens but its on my list of things to try. I would also like to find a lens that is polorized. All my sun glasses are polorized and it helps alot.

I wear prescription lenses to compound the problem. I have polarized sun glasses and like them when trail riding but in a race they get caked with silt even under the goggles....then I'm even more blind than usual! If I use a blue or brown tinted lens in my goggles over my regular prescription glasses I can see better but can't see contour changes especially with a bright background like sand. An upcoming whoop or rock I would like to see!! I was thinking the problem may have something to do with my color blindness/deficiency and choice of lens tint. Smoke and yellow I have not tried.

My vision is good so i dont have to wear glasses and he feel of sun glasses under my goggles drives me nuts. Try the smoked lens. I know every one is different but thats what seems to work best for me.

Smoked lens it is! I appreciate your reply!

JM, I think we're both gonna have to try the prescription lenses in the goggles. I'm getting my prescription checked next week and I'll order some of the goggle lenses and let you know how they work. Can't help you on the color blindness but good specs has got to help. There's a optometrist that races D38 occasionally, he could steer you in the right direction. I'll pm you his name.

Have you tried the yellow tinted lenses? I used to use them until I got caught too near dark without clear replacements...didn't like the last few miles of trails without goggles on. But they did cut glare, while making all the different colors stand out more against one another...:applause:

Have you tried the yellow tinted lenses? I used to use them until I got caught too near dark without clear replacements...didn't like the last few miles of trails without goggles on. But they did cut glare, while making all the different colors stand out more against one another...:applause:

I had a yellow lens on my street bike helmet, I didnt care much for it cause it made everything to bright for me.

My favorite lens is the Oalkey Percimmon. It works great in bright sun and I even use them while riding at night. Seriously they are great!

I had a yellow lens on my street bike helmet, I didnt care much for it cause it made everything to bright for me.

Yeah, I guess I was thinking too "inside the box". I can see (no pun intended) how the yellow tint could be too bright in a desert-type environment. But, for eastern woods and the intermittent glimpses of direct sunlight that filters through the trees, they were a big improvement in focal definition.