Sign in to follow this  

Which clutch cover

Which ones allow for more oil capacity and which ones hold up to boot wear best? ie; GYRT,Hinson, Pro circuit etc.

yup none allows extra oil capacity but the GYTR one has really nice wear resitance mine has 2 rides on it and it looks brand new... send me an PM for a pic

Why not just polish the stocker? It holds up to wear great! And it looks pretty nice too, here's mine

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=35783

I have been that polishing route with my 426 cover. Looks good for a little while but you have to consrantly polish it.

Why polish? You can just remove the paint and sand it to give a brushed aluminum look. It would stay looking like this for a long time.

yup none allows extra oil capacity but the GYTR one has really nice wear resitance mine has 2 rides on it and it looks brand new... send me an PM for a pic
None of them allow for more oil capacity.

UMM acually the hinson clutch cover increases oil capasity..better make sure you do your research befor posting stuff and giving people wrong info in the future

UMM acually the hinson clutch cover increases oil capasity..better make sure you do your research befor posting stuff and giving people wrong info in the future

Prove to me how a larger clutch cover holds more oil in a dry sump motor? Back up your statement! :applause:

Dry sump motors rotate oil thru the motor and back into the holding tank. You could have a clutch cover thats the size of a ballon and it won't make any difference in how much oil the motor holds.

Obviously your not as smart as you think you are. :eek:

Here is an explanation of a dry sump system, read and learn; http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6029638.html

well he asked what cover allows you to hold more "oil capacity"...and the hinson cover does exactly that (ya it doesnt help the bike at all because of the tank) but he still asked what one will and i said what one will and i told him...relax

Prove to me how a larger clutch cover holds more oil in a dry sump motor? Back up your statement! :eek:

Dry sump motors rotate oil thru the motor and back into the holding tank. You could have a clutch cover thats the size of a ballon and it won't make any difference in how much oil the motor holds.

Obviously your not as smart as you think you are. :lol:

Here is an explanation of a dry sump system, read and learn; http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6029638.html

It doesnt matter mate, All the OP asked was what one lets you hold more oil...The Hinson cover does, Most bikes you fill the oil through the clutch, So having a bigger cover lets you add more oil..Thats all he was asking. So relax :lol::applause:

It doesnt matter mate, All the OP asked was what one lets you hold more oil...The Hinson cover does, Most bikes you fill the oil through the clutch, So having a bigger cover lets you add more oil..Thats all he was asking. So relax :eek::applause:

Do you even own a YZF???

There is a oil tank. Any excess oil resides in the oil tank, not in the motor...

So adding more oil will do nothing, it will just stay in the oil tank...

He is correct. A hindon will not increase oil, because it is a dry sump system.

I could say that my bike has 40 horsepower. Does that mean it does? Just because Hinson says it, don't nesicarily believe it.