Sign in to follow this  

06' YZ vs. YZF spring rates...why such a margin!?!?!

Why is it the 06 YZ250 has .43/4.9 setup while the 06 YZF450 has .47/5.5?

The weight difference of the 2 machines isn't so much to qualify for that dramatic of a change, is it? Does the 2 stroke have much more aggressive valving?

Does anyone with knowledge of the 06 YZ250 suspension have rate recommendations for a 200# intermediate woods/desert rider? I don't have any real gripes with the shock (although I know I'm too heavy for it), but the forks are killing me. I need more compliance and less pogo action. Can this happen with new springs and adjustment or is valving a must?

Thanks.

try stiffer springs first but i dont know the extact rate youd want to run but you can call up Factory Connection for recommendations and after riding with the springs you can decide whether you want a revalve but defiently try out stiffer springs first

The 4 strokes weight more(its a reasonable amount) and they place a lot more weight on the wheel when breaking, for a spring rate i use the one on www.mx-tech.com site.

I am about your weight and have an 07 model. I had it revalved both ends but am still running stock springs. It is very plush. You might call George at ESP and discuss it with him. (818) 249-6744.