Sign in to follow this  

Review - MRD Torque Header

First, let me say that I love it when you buy an aftermarket product that does exactly what it is supposed to, is sold at a reasonable price and comes with great customer service. The MRD Torque Header is such a product.

My 14 year-old son put the header through a hard workout today on his otherwise stock (but rejetted) 150RB. The track was supercross-style - tight, twisty and jumpy. Bottom line is that the pipe performed just as Dave at MRD said it would - improved throttle snap and a power band enhancement in the lower RPM range. My son thought it was perfect for this type of layout and a definite improvement over stock. He also thought that he would prefer this header over stock on a more open motocross layout given the extra snap out of turns, doubling through big whoops, etc.

Finish was excellent and fit was perfect (no kidding, dead solid perfect). Took about 3 minutes to install at the track. Lugs that accept the stock header guard are icing on the cake (their fit was perfect, too).

For $125 plus very fair shipping charges and great service, this header is a great mod. It won't magically turn the 150 into a 250F, but for a buck twenty-five, it's a heckuva deal. Thanks, Dave!

• Like 1

I have to agree, Dave's torque header for the 150 is excellent. You can spend a lot more on a big name and get lower quality and less performance.

MRD pipes rock!:applause:

First, let me say that I love it when you buy an aftermarket product that does exactly what it is supposed to, is sold at a reasonable price and comes with great customer service. The MRD Torque Header is such a product.

My 14 year-old son put the header through a hard workout today on his otherwise stock (but rejetted) 150RB. The track was supercross-style - tight, twisty and jumpy. Bottom line is that the pipe performed just as Dave at MRD said it would - improved throttle snap and a power band enhancement in the lower RPM range. My son thought it was perfect for this type of layout and a definite improvement over stock. He also thought that he would prefer this header over stock on a more open motocross layout given the extra snap out of turns, doubling through big whoops, etc.

Finish was excellent and fit was perfect (no kidding, dead solid perfect). Took about 3 minutes to install at the track. Lugs that accept the stock header guard are icing on the cake (their fit was perfect, too).

For $125 plus very fair shipping charges and great service, this header is a great mod. It won't magically turn the 150 into a 250F, but for a buck twenty-five, it's a heckuva deal. Thanks, Dave!

your welcome , thanks for the report :applause:

I have to agree, Dave's torque header for the 150 is excellent. You can spend a lot more on a big name and get lower quality and less performance.

MRD pipes rock!:applause:

:lol:

Still waiting on mine.

It's a long way from here to CA!

I'll let you know how we like it.

Rob

Still waiting on mine.

It's a long way from here to CA!

I'll let you know how we like it.

Rob

it's on the way :applause:

it's on the way :applause:

Just got it!

Looks great! I am glad to see that it has mounting posts for the gaurd. I'll put it on tonight and let you know. I also bought a JD jetting kit that needs to be installed.

Rob

Just got it!

Looks great! I am glad to see that it has mounting posts for the gaurd. I'll put it on tonight and let you know. I also bought a JD jetting kit that needs to be installed.

Rob

:applause:

Do you have any dyno results off this MRD Torque Header, its better belive that its works.