Sign in to follow this  

did my friend get screwed by the dealer?

he bought (financed) an 06 YZ250 a few months ago. His final price was something like 9 grand after all the dealer fees and shit. This was after he and his dad negotiated the price down. Is this how it's supposed to be, because I've never bought a brand new bike before. Something just doesn't sound right about this at all.

Or is the 9 grand after interest? :applause:

9 GRAND!!!!!!! &%$#@!. Your friend got so screwed like really hard. wow 9 grand could get you a 450 and a 50! Go to that dealer and beat the salesman up!

9 Grand..:applause: he got screwed big time. Why would he even agree to pay that when MSRP is like $6,300. Paying $2,700 finacing he must have had a HUGE interest rate.

he bought (financed) an 06 YZ250 a few months ago. His final price was something like 9 grand after all the dealer fees and shit. This was after he and his dad negotiated the price down. Is this how it's supposed to be, because I've never bought a brand new bike before. Something just doesn't sound right about this at all.

Tell your friend that i will sell him my 06250f for $8500!! And i will go get an 07 yz250f for about $6100 otd.

Your friend needs to get a little educated in what is going on in the world. Hell, just look in the internet and you will see what the prices are.

A learned lesson for him..

$9K sounds right for AFTER interest. What he could be confused about is the part where it tells you how much you're REALLY going to pay for the bike AFTER you've paid on it for the next, what, 3-4 years. That's NOT the dealers fault. That's YOUR fault for not saving your money and paying for it with CASH.

However, IF that's what got financed, meaning he OWES $9K before factoring the interest, errrr, that's REALLY bad.

But I really can't tell you a dang thing without actually SEEING his paperwork.

jOR FRInG gOAT EScREWWWED!!!! Where'd he buy it? From a guy going Psst c'mere kid, have I got a deal for you, standing on the corner wearing nothing but a trenchcoat? Either that, or his credit score is in the negatives. Bummer. It be nice if it was ethical for TT to allow you to post the place where he bought it so the rest of us could stay the hell away from that shop.:applause:

yea I think my friend is an idiot.

either that or he isn't explaining this to me (wouldn't be surprised)

me and him need to have a little chat.

I don't think anyone wants to make fun of your friend. I guess he will be learning a big lesson in financing. Too bad, at this point he should just enjoy the bike and learn from this.

Amazing why people sign on the dotted line without understanding the terms. With any luck, his loan has no pre-payment penalty and he can knock it off asap while saving the bulk of the interest.

He didn't get screw'd he got exactly what he sign'd for. It's not like they hide the figures they're right there for him to see as he's sign'n away.

He simply ignored the figures to get his toy.:applause:

he went with his dad, and from what he was telling me, the dealer led him to believe that they were paying less than what most people pay. so thats why I dont get it. and my friend isn't the best at explaining things either... so I dont really know what is going on. ill have him bust out the paperwork so i can look at it.

I had a dealer quote me 8600 OTD for a '07 450R. This was after all their bullshit fees, no financing. I laughed and left when they showed me that. But yes he got screwed big time.

Sounds like he bought it at Chaparral. They are great for adding in stuff. I bought a quad there in 01. I had the otd price down to $4100 and when I went to sign the papers they had added all kinds of setup fees etc.

I finally got it down to $4100 otd but would have ate it big if I had not read the fine print.

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our local dealer can get 07s for like 5800 OTD

Should have been in the neighborhood of 6K tops...and I mean tops... more like 5500.

I guess most folks are confusing the financing fees for bike price, just a shot in the dark says that those prices yhou said that he's paying are pretty close to what you would pay if you financed it on say a Yamaha credit card with no special programs. Just let him know that if he pays it off early, he will save a lot of that money and he's not really locked in for that full amount if he can pay it off early.

HOLY S**T!!!! &%$#@!?!?! he got screwed BIG time... i got my 06 yz250f for 6 GRAND EVEN OTD!!!! omg... wow.... my jaw dropped when i read this.... :applause: