Sign in to follow this  

Polishing Frame Work

Hello all, I have always never liked how the frame on the 2004 KX250F looked. I decided to do something fun yet pain in the butt. It was something i wanted to do to keep myself busy and make my bike look good. I'm polishing my 2004 KX250F frame down. Polishing it with this process will give it the chrome shine. Here's how I'm doing it-

-sand down to the metal with 220 grit sand paper

-start the smoothing out with an 320 grit sand paper

-smoothen it out even more with an 600 and 800 grit sand paper

-wet sand it with 1,200 then 2,000 sand paper

-scrub everything down with an brillo pad

I will be sure to get pictures of my progress tomorrow for you all to see and I will keep you all up dated with pictures and descripition of my proccess :applause:

:lol: Hell why stop at 2000 grit get some polishing compound and do it right:busted:

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/buffman.htm

I have a CRF I also polished my frame I started with a low side down a rock wall :applause: and followed with a high side on a gravel road :naughty: and finished with a quick trip to the sand dune and left her in the wind for a while.:eek: lol

RIDE dont polish. :lol:

lol i dont exactly ride my kx250f and it needs a new cylinder so i might as well do something while im getting the money for the cylinder

Hello all, I have always never liked how the frame on the 2004 KX250F looked. I decided to do something fun yet pain in the butt. It was something i wanted to do to keep myself busy and make my bike look good. I'm polishing my 2004 KX250F frame down. Polishing it with this process will give it the chrome shine. Here's how I'm doing it-

-sand down to the metal with 220 grit sand paper

-start the smoothing out with an 320 grit sand paper

-smoothen it out even more with an 600 and 800 grit sand paper

-wet sand it with 1,200 then 2,000 sand paper

-scrub everything down with an brillo pad

I will be sure to get pictures of my progress tomorrow for you all to see and I will keep you all up dated with pictures and descripition of my proccess :applause:

always wanted to do this...but need to see the results first :lol:

I didn't even know you could polish steel. Let me know how it turns out.

after you polish it all up make sure you clearcoat the entire frame. actually you should get the frame powdercoated clear so it wont rub off again. if you dont it will just get really dull and it could rust.

I used mothers aluminum polish i have in the garage for my truck wheels, and just with after polishing it twice(like 30mins) i can almost see myself in it, no sanding needed, well maybe on the ruffer part where your boot is, but i havent tried that part yet just the upper part