Sign in to follow this  

E model (w/FCR) questions.

First of all, this is not for me. I'm one of those Mikuni guys! Anyway, I have 2 friends with E's. I'd like to know what needs to be purchased/performed for the FCR for their respective setups.

We'll start with friend "A". He has the following:

2006 DRZ400E

Stock FCR

Stock exhaust

Snorkel removed

Rides from 3500-5500 ft.

What does he need to buy and what will his carb settings be?

Friend "B":

2005 DRZ400E

Stock FCR

Full Yosh RS3 exhaust

Snorkel removed

Rides from 3500-5500 ft.

What does he need to buy and what will his carb settings be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

Both these guys are running all stock jetting with the snorkel removed??? There is more than 1 approach but the JD jet kit is a good way to go.

On a 2003 stock E model I ride between 5000 and 10000 feet three or more times a week in the Sierra Del Tigre area of Mexico. I think that most E riders are fine with the stock exhaust and carb. If you iwant to spend more money, then go ahead and replace the pipe with a Yosh and add a JD carb kit. I just dropped the clip on the needle to pos 5 and turned out the fuel screw 2 turns.

Your money will probably be better spent adding a couple of computer fans to the front of the radiatiors so your bike won't overheat while you are waiting at the next crossroad for the rest of the riders to catch up.

I'm at 4700 ft altitude and have the same yosh as your second friend. This combo worked great for me on the FCR/MX and was verified on my wideband sensor

142.5 main jet

200 main air jet (came with the carb)

emp needle

3rd clip

45 pilot jet (came with carb)

removed pilot air jet

1.5 turns fuel screw

On the E carb I don't believe you remove the pilot air jet so that part might be different. But the pilot circuit shouldn't be too complicated anyway.

what about a 01 e model running the stock exhaust and the snorkel removed. I just bought the jd kit and ride from 2500 to 5500 feet. I bought the extended fuel screw as well. as far as the instructions go in the kit it says 160 main and the blue needle with the clip second from the top. Does this sound good? or should I be starting elseware?:bonk: