Sign in to follow this  

230 rejetting questions

Can i rejet my bike (with only the air box restrictor out) and sometimes take the baffle in or out? Like if i rejet with the baffle in will i still feel more power??:applause:

u can do that thats what i did and when i do pull the exhaust baffle out i only get i alittle more low end power so if u have strick neighbors do that

When you re-jet, you adjust according to what the engine is taking in, and how much it can expell. so by rejetting, and then putting the baffle in, sometimes out, and vice versa, the bike will only run half decent one way or the other, as you have it jetted for one or the other.

When you re-jet, you adjust according to what the engine is taking in, and how much it can expell. so by rejetting, and then putting the baffle in, sometimes out, and vice versa, the bike will only run half decent one way or the other, as you have it jetted for one or the other.
Very well put.

In my case, extra noise generated by removing the exhaust baffle is something I would like to avoid at all cost due to location of my local riding spot. Therefore, can a stock exhaust with baffle always in place exhale enough to accomodate 38pilot, 130main and airbox mod or should I just wait with re-jetting until I can afford reasonably quiet after-market pipe (if such pipe ever becomes available) ? Thanks.

I would say that rejetting with the stock pipe would be acceptable, as the bike comes lean from the factory. Personally i would go lower than a 38 pilot, as i am running a 28 which is enough. By the way, where did you find a 38 pilot for the 230?

I ordered Yamaha OEM 38p from my local dealer using the part number from the "sticky". Cost me $18CDN as I get a discount on all parts and accessories.

Guess I'm going to try the larger jets and see how the bike behaves.

You're running a 28 pilot ... ? I mean, my '06 230 came stock with a 36 and it's still a tad lean ...

When you replace the pilot do you have to replace the main jet? And in the TTR 230 is the needle jet adjustable?