Sign in to follow this  

What Should I Buy

I hope someone out there can help me. I've been looking into buying a meal from McDonalds, but I haven't yet decided on what I should buy. I was considering buying a Big Mac with cheese, an apple pie, and a medium Coke, but recently I've had second thoughts. I read on another website that the number 2 meal is a better value and that I can use the money I saved to supersize it. Is the added cost of the Big Mac really worth it? Then, yesterday a friend of mine said that the number 2 meal is crap. I don't know whether to believe him or not because everything else I've heard and read about it has been pretty good. He just bought a fish sandwich, medium fries, chocolate chip cookie, and large Sprite a couple of weeks ago and said that it was the best money he's ever spent. Anyone else out there have any experience with this combination? I know I want to buy some kind of meal, but when I make my decision I want it to be a well educated one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

This all depends if you're in an authentic Mcdonalds or a look alike store. Look at the arches, are they really golden, or just yellow? Do the french fry test, if you eat the fries and half an hour later have a runny fart, it's a cheap imitation variety french fry. You could just buy the cheapest meal and do a stool check in the morning. If it's nice and firm, step up to the super size happy meal with the new toy on your next visit.

Stop by the condiment counter (our equivalent of free mods) and pickup some of that trick "packet" ketchup for your fries, and other enhancements for your happy meal!!!!! (which you might be a few fries short of)

Thanks guys. I'm a fast eater and I don't want to get a meal that'll leave me feeling hungry in a few days - I want it to last me.

• Like 1

Whatever type burger you get and wherever you order it, I say the extra cost to supersize it is the only way to go. There are those that say order the smaller stuff because the extra calories only slow you down when things get tough. Or else they say you can get the same pleasure from smaller, cheaper meals. But I say they just haven't learned to deal with the thrill of all that food yet. A fast eater like yourself will never be satisfied with a value meal. Besides, if the place can't supersize your burger, it pretty much guarantees you are at one of the knockoff burger joints Keithco warns of.

As for anybody that orders a fish sandwich, I definitely would not trust their opinion on burgers. All those fish sandwich types seem to hate or fear burgers. They tend to believe that burgers are bad for people and a lot of them believe the government should limit when, where and how many burgers you can eat. Having a no caffiene Sprite with that fish sandwich says this guy may be one of those whackos that wants burgers banned outright. But having the fries and cookie says their might be hope. Take the guy out and buy him a burger. Maybe he will come around to our way of thinking when he sees how good it is.

• Like 1

I think what is more important than what to eat, is where to eat it and what to wear while your eating it.

I've never had McDonalds:excuseme: but I know a guy who did :eek: and his Big Mac was missing the middle bun and then his drink cup sprung a leak :lol: and made it look like he peed his pants. McDonlds wouldn't step up and stand behind their product. McDonalds stuff is crap :applause: . I know because I crap every day. You should go vegetarian.:lol:

It doesn't matter if you get the #1 meal, the #2 meal or the #7, it is all kangaroo meat anyway!:applause:

What brand of oil do they use for the fries? How often is it changed?

What brand of oil do they use for the fries? How often is it changed?

That was kind of covered. The cheap blends give you a runny stool.

Whatever you do, don't forget to have your local fast-food dealership calibrate the pickle allignment and properly align the onion retainer. If they are really REALLY good, they will throw in a french-fry lube job for those ones that don't come with enough "grease" from the factory.

Eric

My sisters boyfriend's next door niebhor's uncle knows a guy who had a Filet of fish, it tasted good and chewed realy easy but had zero aftermarket support. Definatly stick with a burger, you can get hamburger buns anywhere :applause:

My sisters boyfriend's next door niebhor's uncle knows a guy who had a Filet of fish, it tasted good and chewed realy easy but had zero aftermarket support. Definatly stick with a burger, you can get hamburger buns anywhere :lol:

But every time I need a new bun I go to the counter at the burger parts store and the people that work there don't eat burgers! I ask for a Sesame seed bun (fell down and ripped mine) and they have no clue what I am talking about. :applause: Some times I'll take a chance and order something that might be the right bun - which they DON'T have in stock so I have to come back a week later and find that out.... batting 50% at this point.

Well at least its my kids burger.

When I need a new bun for my fillet of fish I call the guy up - he eats a lot of fillet of fish - and he knows exactly what I want, how much it is going to cost, order it, and it shows up on my door step 3 days later. :eek::lol: :lol:

In any event - fillet of fish or burger - be very careful out there guys. Don't fall down and rip your buns...

Talking about buns, what kind do you guys run? I never run the ones with seeds, they seem to make it really top heavy.

Okay, this is what happened today. I went to McDonalds to ask some meal-related questions and nobody offered to help me. Not one person. I stood there in the middle of the room for like half an hour looking at the McDonaldland toy display. Everybody acted busy but nobody came over to see what I wanted. For all they know I could be a good customer with a large order but they never even bothered to ask, "May I help you?" Sheesh!

Talking about buns, what kind do you guys run? I never run the ones with seeds, they seem to make it really top heavy.

I run the ones with the seeds...it makes the buns harder to rip :applause: .

Accessories like tomatoes, pickles, onions, and cheese are essential to get the most out of your burger. You can instal each mod individually, but they work better when you instal them at the same time.

As far as the oil for the fries, I'll usually run corn oil because its cheaper and does just as good a job as anything out there. Some people say run shortening but I don't like to use the level III synthetic stuff. Olive oil is great to work with, but IMHO the added cost of this heart healthy specific oil is rediculous.