Looking for some off road racing near NJ

Hi. I just picked up a CRF450 and i was planning on racing mx with it over the summer, but now i have decided that i might want to switch and try some off road racing. I have always been a better trail rider then mxer, so i figured that it would be a little easier if i raced off road. I live in northeast NJ and im just looking for places that have off road racing near here. Also, i would like to know any specific info that i would need to actually get into off road racing. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Are there any special requirments to race. Does the bike need to be registered or anything. Also, i checked the link of the race on the other thread and it said you need a motorcycle lisence. Is that true for all enduros cause im only 15, and if it is true i guess motocross would be the way to go.

Are there any special requirments to race. Does the bike need to be registered or anything. Also, i checked the link of the race on the other thread and it said you need a motorcycle lisence. Is that true for all enduros cause im only 15, and if it is true i guess motocross would be the way to go.

I am not 100% sure but I think I recall that Enduro races require a motorcycle license, plate, and insurance but Hare Scrambles do not require license and plate. They may require some sort of liability insurance. You should research it at www.ecea.org, and maybe email someone there.

I like my Husky for trail riding. The 4s 450 has low end grunt that will stall less than a 2s. 2s are lighter so most pros ride them.

You need a plated, insured bike and a mc license to race enduros b/c parts of the course could take you on the street.

Hare scrambles are held in closed circuits so you don't need a license or plate.

I think there is an age limit on the cc of the bike though.

You need to be 16 to run the enduros, but a few kids that are younger run them. Hare scrambles are the same with age, but tons of kids ride the main at 14/15. Have fun racing 4 stroke heavy, those are some tough dudes.

I check the ECEA website and there is no age limit for harescambles, but i didn't find anything for age limits on enduro racing.

mtmman0712, how do the 450's do off road cause i know most people run the 250 two strokes.

Well, I am a newbie too as I just got my bike in Feb of this year so I haven't raced. As for a comparison against a 250 two stroke this is a highly contested and argued issue. In my opinion, the 250 is just a little better in every way for anyone less than 170 pounds. I am not a racer and my main reasons for getting a 450 versus a 250 two stroke was price and the fact that I could only afford an older bike so a 450 would typically have less wear than a similar year 250. If I were getting a new bike then I would have opted for a 250 two stroke.

You need to be 16 to run the enduros, but a few kids that are younger run them. Hare scrambles are the same with age, but tons of kids ride the main at 14/15. Have fun racing 4 stroke heavy, those are some tough dudes.

You can double check but I'm pretty sure you have to 18 to ride enduros in NJ. Port Elizabeth is an exception because it's closed course you only have to be 16. Hare scrambles have age classes starting at about 7 or 8 years old on up.

enduros require registered, plated and insured bikes (exception is the closed course national). Hare scrambles do not have these same requirements. The diference is because of the closed course. enduros often use public roads to connect trails so you need a stret legal bike.

how do you register and get a number for racing these things. I know you can sign up for the race on race day, but i dont know how you register for the rider number. it might sound like a stupid question but im a noob so what can ya do. :eek::applause:

if your asking if i ride there then yeah i got a membership (it was only $25 more for my age). This season ill probably be going down there a good amount of times since a lot of my friends ride quads. Its about 2 hours from where i live, but its only about an hour 15 from my dads house. So far in NJ i really havent found any other places with trails. Thats why i was going to do MX.

You can double check but I'm pretty sure you have to 18 to ride enduros in NJ. Port Elizabeth is an exception because it's closed course you only have to be 16. Hare scrambles have age classes starting at about 7 or 8 years old on up.

enduros require registered, plated and insured bikes (exception is the closed course national). Hare scrambles do not have these same requirements. The diference is because of the closed course. enduros often use public roads to connect trails so you need a stret legal bike.

I remember hearing at a TriCounty meeting (club that's putting on the Enduro) that they may be letting kids at 16 go, I'm not sure if that has changed or not, but I know for sure you need to be racing a street legal bike, or you're getting ticketed.

March 31 Tri County Club will be holding a Junior enduro for all the kids. I'll be making a thread in a few about it.

I remember hearing at a TriCounty meeting (club that's putting on the Enduro) that they may be letting kids at 16 go, I'm not sure if that has changed or not, but I know for sure you need to be racing a street legal bike, or you're getting ticketed.

March 31 Tri County Club will be holding a Junior enduro for all the kids. I'll be making a thread in a few about it.

No you don't, it's a closed course event. No headlight, no tail light no registration needed only a spark arrestor.

From their entry form:

**NEW Rider Requirements:

. No motorcycle drivers license required. Minimum age requirement: 16yrs old.

. Bikes will not need registration and insurance, but a USFS approved spark arrester @ 96db is still a must.

. No head light, tail light, enduro computer, or tags required. Spot checking for 96db will occur.

http://www.teamhammer.org/2007%20stuff/TCS%202007%20Enduro%20entry.pdf