Sign in to follow this  

Fork Mod needed?

My son is 145 lb and rides an '04 WR250. He prefers the track to the trails. I noticed at the end of last year that his front forks seem to compress very easily about 2 inches just pushing it out of the garage like the springs are shot. I am considering replacing the springs in the forks or re-valving (or both) so the bike is better suited to jumping. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to whether this is a good fix. and if re-valve is needed, is it something a guy can do himself (not a mechanic, but have changed fork seals)

Thanks!

Just my 2 cents : front forks have a SAG just like the rear - Two inches doesn't sound bad to me . Are there any other reasons that make you suspect a problem ? :applause:

The front forks do have a sag to them. The best bet is to get it re-vavled or even better is sell the bike and buy him a yzf if he likes the track better than the trails. Changing the springs is not what your after on that bike. He would enjoy himself alot more on the track.

I think I'll check the specs for fork sag and maybe do a re-valve. the new yzf would be nice but alot of $$. Thanks.

A revalve isn't something average joe mechanic can do in his garage. Send it away to a reputable company like Factory Connection. You and your son will be much happier you did.