Sign in to follow this  

Big Gun EVO X

I have one on my 05 . Its great compared to stock. I broke a couple of ribs over-shooting a landing because of the boost, lol. I have the stock header still.

RB Saint, any idea what the sound decibals are with the Evo-x? Thanks JP

I've found a good deal on one, I've got a wr so the gain should be substantial, I am still wondering if it will fit the mega bomb?

RB Saint, any idea what the sound decibals are with the Evo-x? Thanks JP

It's louder than stock, although with the included quiet core(make sure they ship it included) is pretty tame(near stock sound).

does the insert reduce hp? If you have your bike dialed in without the insert, and then put the insert in would you need to re-jet?

does the insert reduce hp? If you have your bike dialed in without the insert, and then put the insert in would you need to re-jet?

I'll tell you if I put it back in, lol. I'm not an expert, but I think it would be so close that dialing in the fuel/air screw would be enough adjustment.

i have one on my 06.

it is louder than oem.

it weighs about 1.5lbs LESS than stock using my bathroom scale.

it *stupidly* uses sae nuts and bolts.

with the "vortex" insert (ie 3 small tubes on a plate) it passed the sound check at the Longhorn national enduro. which i feel was a complete joke.

how can it be a real test if there are other bikes within 10 feet of the pickup microphone?

requires rejetting with the insert to eliminate the bog that it induces.

it has a nice look too it.

yes, it barks.

maybe a little too much.

the TT store has this item for a very nice price.

I think the older Big Guns had some issues. FMF is a badass, can't go wrong, although they lost my purchase with piss poor customer service, and TT store got my money for the Big Gun...win win situation, lol.