Sign in to follow this  

EO big bore kits???

i had a question about the 225cc EO big bore kit. it says its a bolt on but how easy would it really be? does anyone have this kit?

I have this kit and it is awsome. It has tons of torque. It will pick up in second by just gasing it. All you need is the kit and carb and it will bolt right on. Thats it, it is really easy and completly worth it. I will put a recording of the sound on here later this week. I sounds like a 250.

sweet im thinkin about gettin it but what do you mean do i have to buy their carb?

Yeah, they say you're supposed to. They might be trying to get some more money, but I wouldn't argue with them. I was looking into it as well, if I can ever find 500 dollars

The 225 kit is a pretty big jump in CC's from 150 and the stock carb will be a little small. The Engines Only carb kit comes with everything you need and is even jetted correctly and uses the stock airbox. The big bore kit bolts on and you don't have to open the cases or do any machining. Plus unlike the 03-05 bikes you don't need to remove the motor from the frame to install. We have been racing hare Scrambles with our bike and it has over 100 hours of pretty hard use and runs great. I check the valves every 8-10 hours and they have been really consistant. We use the stock cam and it keeps the revs low which is good for the head.

It will pull out of a corner right with a 250 four stroke and if you go down a couple -three teeth on the rear sprocket you will gain a ton of top speed.

The biggest bonus is no one will keep up with you in the tight stuff.

I'm really interested in the BBK for the 230.......anyone have any expirience??

I'm really interested in the BBK for the 230.......anyone have any expirience??

i was looking into it but u have to have the case machined =\ an extra $500 from them for E.O. to do the install =\

I installed the BBR big bore kit on my 230F back in March of '04. I've put about 8,000 miles on the 230F since then and it still runs fine. I had to rejet because of the higher compression ratio than stock. I read that their current kit has a lower compression ratio than the one I installed, so you may not have to go up as much as I did. Check it out:

CRF230F Big Bore

:applause:

PS You will have to remove the engine from the frame to install the kit. You will have to have the cylinder bored to match the new piston. You don't have to machine the engine cases.

see the thing is i have about 400$$ and i dont want to empty my pocket completely so do you think the 225 kit will work with a stock carb?

It may work, but not nearly as efficiently as with the bigger carb. I would just try and bumb money off your parents or something, they'll always love you. Or get a job?

see the thing is i have about 400$$ and i dont want to empty my pocket completely so do you think the 225 kit will work with a stock carb?

Call Engines Only and ask for their opinion. I don't think that the stock carb would be able to supply enough air/fuel for the BBK to run properly. It would be like putting a 2bbl carb on a big block V-8. Just my 2 cents.

ya well i have a job planned out for the summer so i will just save my money and do it the right way

meh.. i have mixed feelings about it

its basically a higher comp slightly larger bore piston

not really what i would want

if you going to do it why not do it right you know?

I have mixed feelings as well......but when you say do it right, what do you mean??

I have mixed feelings as well......but when you say do it right, what do you mean??

stock is like 230ish cc BBR is 240cc and is about $200 (even says its a weisco piston)

why not get the E.O. kit or just a weisco??

idk just my thinking

id ratehr do it once and be more than satisfied with the 250 kit rather than get the 240 kit and be wanting more you know?

id ratehr do it once and be more than satisfied with the 250 kit rather than get the 240 kit and be wanting more you know?

Amen to that.

stock is like 230ish cc BBR is 240cc and is about $200 (even says its a weisco piston)

why not get the E.O. kit or just a weisco??

idk just my thinking

well when I'm more ready to act on this I know who I'll be asking some more questions to. :applause:

I TOO HAVE INSTALL BBR BBK,STOCK IS 221cc i believe.i installed bbk,bbr cam&springs,i ported the head myself-cleaned up intake/exhaust,port matched intake,stock carb-140main,42pilot,raised needle 1 1/2,i.e. clip&washer,3 1"holes in airbox cover,removed lid,front sprocket up1,520 non o-ring,big gun rev box.The bbk kit and related mods completely changed this bike,way more power and torque,easily clutch up 3rd gear wheelies,can run with 125 2smokes.Althoughto be honest i wasn't impressed at first.after i changed the stock chain to the new renthal non o-ring,it ran strong.just change your chain to see how much improvement you get.:applause: