ripped off 440 kit??

hey. i got a 400 and the kid told me it had a 440 kit. the case was cracked so i couldnt try it or test it any way. i bought a new engine and i have the engine i got with the bike. when i pulled the head off i noticed the pistons were the same exact size. i dont have a micrometer but with both pistons i measured 3 9/16" and then i thought it might have been stroked but both of the cylinders were stock and both had stock base gaskets. now im wondering if i really have a 440 kit. i forgot to take the numbers off the piston to run them, but both top ends looked identical. would there be any way of telling besides the basic methods i did?

hey thanks for the help. i talked to the kid and told him he lied about the 440 kit and he said that there was no way it was a stock bore. he then told my friend that he knew it was a 400 kit and his old 440 kit "got tired" so his dealer replaced it with a stock kit.

i would just go smack him a few times that crap just anit right and he needs to learn you say stuff like that in the real world it has real conscences<SP

also i would have asked for recipt before i brought anything that someone told me was worked.

i would just go smack him a few times that crap just anit right and he needs to learn you say stuff like that in the real world it has real conscences<SP

also i would have asked for recipt before i brought anything that someone told me was worked.

Well that is the way I used to handle that kind of stuff too. I just can't afford anymore of those silver bracelets that you get later on....

But yes, he does have it coming.

yeah thats not really the way to solve it your right but there is nothing worse than dealing with that crap i also had a bad expericne like that brought a GXR unseen(and it was not what i was promised) and had all sorts of issues took me a long time to sort out felt like shit for a long time as it was family money i spent when i didnt need to (wife is very good to me) as you can see i am still pissed about it 4 years later.

One of my friends had a small Kawasaki MX bike when he was 12.

Lent it to this older guy who told him he knew how to ride.

He didn't and took off WOT in first down the railroad tracks until the engine blew up.

Told him he'd pay for the damage but he never did.

My friend fixed the bike with his own money but was out of a bike for a summer (and very very cheesed off).

7 or 8 years later he was cruising along with a friend when they spotted the guy coming out of a brand new car on a restaurant parking lot (small town).

Drove home, took a broom stick and a bag potatoes and traded the rebuild for a tow and a catalytic converter.

Vengeance is better served cold.

One of my friends had a small Kawasaki MX bike when he was 12.

Lent it to this older guy who told him he knew how to ride.

He didn't and took off WOT in first down the railroad tracks until the engine blew up.

Told him he'd pay for the damage but he never did.

My friend fixed the bike with his own money but was out of a bike for a summer (and very very cheesed off).

7 or 8 years later he was cruising along with a friend when they spotted the guy coming out of a brand new car on a restaurant parking lot (small town).

Drove home, took a broom stick and a bag potatoes and traded the rebuild for a tow and a catalytic converter.

Vengeance is better served cold.

I love to hear sh:censored: like that. Makes me smile, now a days everyone either gets away with anything or is busted for every little thing... BTW - my luck is the later...

I know, we really want to just pile drive them, but that's only going to GET US IN TROUBLE with the way the laws are today.

How old is the kid?.....got to be over 18 to sell & sign for that bike right??

If by chance, he is under 18, maybe talk to his parents & try to get a couple hundred back, or even give the bike back with a refund for falsely representing the bike. The dealer has paperwork on the swap, right?

Another thing that most do not pursue, check out the Small Claims Court? in your area. You can probably file a claim for 25 bucks or so, and with witnesses that you have that the kid told about the 440 vs 400 kit & dealer replacement, you probably have a good shot!! :applause:

This will hopefully get some money back in your pockets, and maybe teach that kid something about being truthful ?

I hope this helps....let us know how it turns out.

Happy Riding !!

:eek:?

A lot of times, just a letter from an attorney will shake up a person enough to pry that wallet loose and get some results.

Now, if you paid $300 for a blown up, broke down, basket case, don't be unreasonable and waste your money & time. If you paid $3000 for an otherwise pristine bike on the basis that it's a 440, then sic'm.

its not worth beating up the kid/ getting an attorney involved... Rob (kxfracer108) traded a 03 xr50 for this z400 quad. (it had cracked cases). Rob definatley got the better end of the deal. The kid wanted a fifty really badly so he did the trade. The quad came with carbon fiber wheels, full exhaust, axle and a bunch of other stuff. This deal sounds too good to be true, but the quad is not stolen or anything, the kids dad pays for EVERYTHING.

the reason it was posted in this forum was i told him the DRZ forum would have A LOT more information about this cylinder than the suzuki quad forum on this site...