Please confirm - 06 AIS kit works on 07?

I just checked with my dealer here in Canada, and the AIS kit GYT-5TJ93-69-01 does not show with Yamaha online or in the manuals. They do list the GYT-5TJ93-69-00, which I believe is for the 06. I have read that the 06 kit works on the 07. If this is correct, problem may be solved. I have a friend in the US who could get me the 07 kit, but it would be a lot easier if the 06 one would work.

Please confirm.

Well, Mr. Poopy-Pants, I did some reading & this is why I asked:

02-05-2007, 11:39 AM #2 (permalink)

atkinse

TT Member

Re: 07 Sputtering at high speed- is this normal?

Your problem will be solved when you do the AIS, its like biulding a V8 motor without carbs. Once all is done you will be happy, I promise. You can use the 06 AIS kit, there have been several posts on the toppic. We all used 06 kits and they worked just fine.

I just checked with my dealer here in Canada, and the AIS kit GYT-5TJ93-69-01 does not show with Yamaha online or in the manuals. They do list the GYT-5TJ93-69-00, which I believe is for the 06. I have read that the 06 kit works on the 07. If this is correct, problem may be solved. I have a friend in the US who could get me the 07 kit, but it would be a lot easier if the 06 one would work.

Please confirm.

The 07 kit was released here about a week or so ago, but it is available as I have one in my hand right now. I'd wait for the 07 kit to show up there as then you would not have to fabricate a block-off plate if you used the 06 kit.

TT also offers a kit for the 2007 which has the block off plate. :applause:

-Lowedog

Howdy stranger, I haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Are you still the source for the TT kit or have you passed that on to someone else?...SC

Howdy stranger, I haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Are you still the source for the TT kit or have you passed that on to someone else?...SC

Hey SC, I'm still around. Don't post much these days, just check in once in awhile. Yes, I'm still supplying TT with the WR AIS kits. Nice of Yamaha to keep it on there!:applause:

Later,

Lowedog