Sign in to follow this  

Corte and Coso shocks?

I am looking at buying a set of Corte and Coso reservoir shocks off of a Maico and I was wondering if these shocks are any good. They are supposably in good working order with no leaks and not needing a rebuild. I believe they are off the 490. I am looking to put these on my TT500, at this point I am thinking anything will be better than stock, thanks a million for any input

You didn't mention price for these, but honestly, I'd advise getting something more modern and easier to get rebuilt like Works Performance or even Progressive.

CC shocks on their best day are "adequate." They can be rebuilt, but not sure who's doing that.

100 bucks? they were supposed to be rebuilt a while ago and not used. They are the shocks that were on the maico 490, wasnt that like one of the best MX bikes of all time?

100 bucks? they were supposed to be rebuilt a while ago and not used. They are the shocks that were on the maico 490, wasnt that like one of the best MX bikes of all time?

Well $100 ain't awful if they're in good shape. And yes, the 81 490 came with these and they were decent enough. I actually rode with them last year on an 80 250 Maico and they were semi-okay/adequate until about the third lap at Mid Ohio when I cleared the double and discovered that the damping had gone bye-bye.

Still, unless you're going to race, probably better than the stock Yamaha stuff.

Although for $200, you can probably find some used Works Performance on eBay.

unless it's a resto,I wouldn't bother.Get some Works,Progressives,Ohlins,WP's instead.Better than the stock TT shocks though.

unless it's a resto,I wouldn't bother.Get some Works,Progressives,Ohlins,WP's instead.Better than the stock TT shocks though.

That's what I told him, but he thinks he's getting some kind of deal on the CC shocks. I'd spend the extra cash to get some used but in good shape Works Performance. Plenty of them on eBay.

Ive been lookin for a while on ebay and havent found any for under 200 on ebay, unless there is some hidden trick to finding them. Progressives either, I am in college and on a limited budget and these just popped up so I thought you cant go bad with rebuilt reservoir shocks for 100 bucks. I will try em out and if no dice, save up a few pennies, my pops XT500 has the progressives and they do work quite well but he got a great deal on them.

I'd try to get the CC for less. Offer him $50.

eBay advice is to keep searching. Usually the week I quit looking for some part, there will be a half dozen of them suddenly listed. Things go in weird cycles.

Also if you're not doing it already, use a Sniper program (auctionsniper.com) to try and win.

What length shock do you need?

Sweet! I had heard about those auction programs but was unsure if they exist. I am after a 15-16 inch shocks. There are tons of quad and snowmobile shocks I was contemplating trying out, but it seems like too much of a gamble ( too stiff?) But unfortunately I already paid for theese, as long as they last for a day or so I can keep looking (racing at Budds Creek at the end of the month, really stoked!) Thanks for all the input, I greatly appreciate it

Well, hope the CC work for you if you already have them.

Don't bid on the ATV shocks. Won't work.

Yes, the sniper programs work and I'd personally recommend auctionsniper.com

Minimal fees, very good program.