Sign in to follow this  

wipping it

ill be nice and say SEARCH :lol:

Im gonna add to my post and say if you have to ask how to whip or scrub then you most likely shouldnt be trying it... :applause:

Whipping and scrubbing comes naturally with seat time.

X's 2. In most cases, you can probly throw the whip out, but bringing it back is another task....not a fun experience landing sideways.:applause:

Im gonna add to my post and say if you have to ask how to whip or scrub then you most likely shouldnt be trying it... :applause:

EXACTLY, WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THIS

Most of us can't scrub with a stock powerband, you're 12 years old so I'm guessing you're still running the stock one.

A florescent green powerband will give you the type of power that makes your front end more "Wash-out able", which is perfect for scrubs. They are hard to find, since they are so popular, but heck, even a metallic grey powerband would probably work wouldnt it?

While the green powerbands are preferred for scrubbing, I've had some good luck out of my yellow one. I mean I'm a scrubbing machine, especially on the singles. I've even won all my practice sessions!

While the green powerbands are preferred for scrubbing, I've had some good luck out of my yellow one. I mean I'm a scrubbing machine, especially on the singles. I've even won all my practice sessions!

No need to get cocky, but yes that's true the yellow powerbands awesome, but aren't they only available to factory?

You guys dont know what your talking about!!!....... The turqouis powerband is where it's at, You hardly have to try to scrub or whip, Put it on and your scrubbin and whippin like Bubba.

I found that if you put your power band (red) in sideways it helps lay the bike flater:crazy:

Thats definately true also, Helps with the aerodynamics or something

Oh and dont forget to lube your graphics

what kind of soap are you guys using to "wash out" your front end?? :applause:

Also whats your technique for "seat bouncing" i find that the singles im hitting arent giving me enough air time to get both of my feet up on the seat. Maybe i need a bigger jump :lol:

I just wish i could get my hands on one of those factory powerbands like bubba's. Man that would be sweet.

what kind of soap are you guys using to "wash out" your front end?? :applause:

Also whats your technique for "seat bouncing" i find that the singles im hitting arent giving me enough air time to get both of my feet up on the seat. Maybe i need a bigger jump :lol:

I just wish i could get my hands on one of those factory powerbands like bubba's. Man that would be sweet.

Non Ultra Joy Soap works great for washin out the front end

As for you seat bouncin problems try standing up on the seat first then when your in second gear pull in the clutch as your about to hit the single and rev to the moon and dump it, that will get ya up there.

Ill sell ya a bubba powerband for 5,000 dollars, got it straight off of bubbas bike.

Non Ultra Joy Soap works great for washin out the front end

As for you seat bouncin problems try standing up on the seat first then when your in second gear pull in the clutch as your about to hit the single and rev to the moon and dump it, that will get ya up there.

Ill sell ya a bubba powerband for 5,000 dollars, got it straight off of bubbas bike.

k ill have to try that next time i go to the track. :applause:

I heard if you use Tide laundry detergent it works better for washing out the front end, it keeps your brake pads lubricated better :lol:

5 grand?? :eek: my friend said he put on a neon green powerband like bubbas on his CRF. All he had to do was bore it out a little then glued it in place with JB weld cause the holes didnt line up. His bike rips now :naughty::lol:

The soap trick definately works, but I prefer shaving the knobbies off the sides of my tire.The reason I prefer that over the soap is because sometimes the soap gets on my seat and we all know that if you have soap on your seat it's hard to keep your feet on it for seat bouncing.I hate to come up short on a single:foul: Also, another helpful trick to eliminate armpump is to steer with your knees.:applause:

The soap trick definately works, but I prefer shaving the knobbies off the sides of my tire.The reason I prefer that over the soap is because sometimes the soap gets on my seat and we all know that if you have soap on your seat it's hard to keep your feet on it for seat bouncing.I hate to come up short on a single:foul: Also, another helpful trick to eliminate armpump is to steer with your knees.:applause:

yea i didnt think about that, good idea. Soaking your brake pads in WD-40 for a couple hours makes the brakes feel so nice. The action feels much smoother. What kind of brake fluid are you guys running?? I use castrol 10w-40, or 2 stroke premix...

o god i know, i broke my wrist in 34.5 places this one time by casing a single. happend so fast