Sign in to follow this  

v-force or Boyseen rad valve?

I'm looking for more power out of my 99 kx 250. I've done complete motor work and i still feel as it could be lacking power. full fmf sst pipe, jet kit, atermarket air filter.i've also changed stock reeds to boyseen power reeds and it has helped some. I've heard that the v-force and boyseen reed cages help alot. does anyone have a opion on either. Or suggestions on what i can do to get more power. Thanks:ride:

My 2000 has a boyesen rad valve on it and a pc pipe/silencer. It came that way. It seems like it pulls pretty hard. I have the original but never put it on. The guy I bought it from said it really woke it up.

Karl mentioned that he installed a V Force reed on his 99 kx250 and made a good difference. I plan on getting the v force for my 99 250.

Greg is right, I have the VForce3 and it's an incredible setup. I was unfamiliar with both the VForce and Boyesen and asked a friend of mine who's had both. He liked the VForce so that's why I went with them. I'm sure the Boyesen is great, too.

Karl

The V-Force will perk up the throttle response a bit, especially down low, but it doesn't make big differences in the overall power output. The Rad Valve, provided you are capable of jetting, will produce substantial gains in the mid-and-up.

The Pro Circuit is a better pipe choice for that bike. No offense, but the SST is probably the worst pipe you could have chosen for that bike. Even the Fatty would have been a better choice.

Now you have my attention..why would the pc be better than an fmf..? I was thinking of getting the Gnarly pipe for my 99 kx 250.

Now you have my attention..why would the pc be better than an fmf..? I was thinking of getting the Gnarly pipe for my 99 kx 250.

The gnarly will give a lot of bottom end power. The PC pipe is made specifically for the year and model of the bike to work on what it needs. The gnarly would probably give more bottom end but the PC will help everything.

The gnarly will give a lot of bottom end power. The PC pipe is made specifically for the year and model of the bike to work on what it needs. The gnarly would probably give more bottom end but the PC will help everything.

Doesn't the fmf Fat Pipe do that..?:applause:

Doesn't the fmf Fat Pipe do that..?:applause:

It is similiar to the pc pipe. I like them both and won't diss either one. My kx100 had a fatty pipe and my kx250 has a PC pipe. Couldn't be more happy with either one.

It is similiar to the pc pipe. I like them both and won't diss either one. My kx100 had a fatty pipe and my kx250 has a PC pipe. Couldn't be more happy with either one.

O.K...thanks for the clairification..:applause:

I've got Boyesen reeds and a PC pipe/304 Factory Sounds silencer on my '99 250 and it pulls hard throughout the RPM range. The reeds don't help power as much as they help with throttle response. They definitly helped my bike when cracking the throttle off idle.

I've got Boyesen reeds and a PC pipe/304 Factory Sounds silencer on my '99 250 and it pulls hard throughout the RPM range. The reeds don't help power as much as they help with throttle response. They definitly helped my bike when cracking the throttle off idle.

Same on my 2000 kx250