Sign in to follow this  

18" rim .....

im looking for a used 18" rim and i am wondering what rims i can use ... cr 250, cr 125 ?? anyone know ? how about a complete 18" wheel ... will a wheel off a cr 2 stroker work ?? thanks guys, scott

Either the complete wheel ass'y, or just the rim and spokes. Don't think I haven't been tempted to swap out the 18" rim & spokes on my 94 CR250 for the 19 on my 450 R. But I don't want a 19 on the CR either...

Yes, the complete wheel.

TJ, just so I'm clear on this 'cause if I eventually find one, I'll probably snag it...the rim only from a 450X will swap onto the hub of my 450R, right?

TJ, just so I'm clear on this 'cause if I eventually find one, I'll probably snag it...the rim only from a 450X will swap onto the hub of my 450R, right?

Yes, as long as you have 18" spokes too.

Yes, as long as you have 18" spokes too.

I was fairly sure it would swap ok with just rim & spokes, just thought I'd make certain...those are the kind of surprises I hate most...

Thanks TJ

Just outta curiosity, why do you want an 18"? What's it better for? I'm wondering 'cause someone put an 18" on my '04, before I owned it, so that's what I've got. Now, I'm tired of changing my tire everytime I ride in the sand, so was gonna pick up a 19" wheel for a dirt tire, should I just get another 18? Does it make a difference?:applause:

Just outta curiosity, why do you want an 18"? What's it better for? I'm wondering 'cause someone put an 18" on my '04, before I owned it, so that's what I've got. Now, I'm tired of changing my tire everytime I ride in the sand, so was gonna pick up a 19" wheel for a dirt tire, should I just get another 18? Does it make a difference?:lol:

the 18 is nicer for us here in the north east where there is alot of rock. it allows you to get more sidewall therefore more protection from smashing the rim on rock edges. there also used to be many more tire choices in the 18" but that seems to have changed and now there are just as many choices in both 18 and 19. let me know if you want to get rid of that 18 ok .... :applause: scott

With an 18" rim you can try the trials tires that they don't seem to make for 19''. I am trying to find an 18" one for my 250 so I can try the trials tires in some offroad situations.