Sign in to follow this  

Bill of sale

I was wondering what some of you guys would put in the bill of sale. It doesnt have to be fancy i just want to make sure it covers everything so that selling my bike goes as smoothly as possible. Its the first big item ive ever sold.

Thanks

Serial Number of bike

Price

Make sure you put "As Is"

Signitures

And if their paying with a check i ask for ID just to make sure.

dont know if your have title but i ran into a case where i bought a bike and had trouble selling it and was told bill of sale means nothing and without the title being changed if anything should happen to bike it would be returned to the titled owner not the one with the bill of sale. my bill of sale was from a dealer.

dont know if your have title but i ran into a case where i bought a bike and had trouble selling it and was told bill of sale means nothing and without the title being changed if anything should happen to bike it would be returned to the titled owner not the one with the bill of sale. my bill of sale was from a dealer.

I won't buy a bike without a title, or an MSO.

If you title a bike you pay sales tax. I do this in order to get them plated, but most don't.

There are a couple of things you can do-

1) ask a police officer to run a VIN check (this is a search to see if it's reported stolen)

2) Go to the DMV and ask for a title search on the VIN (5 buck fee). If it comes up untitled you may get it titled with your bill of sale

Bill of sale should also include the date and address of seller and buyer - and in some states must be notorized.

I won't buy a bike without a title, or an MSO.

If you title a bike you pay sales tax. I do this in order to get them plated, but most don't.

There are a couple of things you can do-

1) ask a police officer to run a VIN check (this is a search to see if it's reported stolen)

2) Go to the DMV and ask for a title search on the VIN (5 buck fee). If it comes up untitled you may get it titled with your bill of sale

Bill of sale should also include the date and address of seller and buyer - and in some states must be notorized.

Wow, for an old guy you sure know a lot.

( found this on a free site)

BILL OF SALE - USED AUTOMOBILE/MOTORCYCLE

BUYER _______________________________________________

SELLER ______________________________________________

DATE OF SALE ________________________________________

PLACE OF SALE _______________________________________

VEHICLE SOLD _______________________________________

VIN _______________________________________

PRICE PAID $ _________________ PAID IN FULL!

VEHICLE SOLD AS IS. NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER.

SIGNATURE OF BUYER ____________________________________

SIGNATURE OF SELLER _____________________________________

THIS VEHICLE NOW BELONGS TO THE BUYER!

Legal in Oregon to buy a bike with a BOS. But, I'd put a deposit on the bike then run the Vin through DMV to make sure there's no prior leans against the bike. If the person bought the bike on contract then sold it on a BOS the true owner is the finance company hold'n a lean on the bike. Be smart check!

I've sold 2 bikes on BOS's because I couldn't locate the title after years. I also sold one with a MSO because that's how I buy my off road bikes now. I hate giving DMV money for nothing!